cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Date field Mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way I can make "Basic Finish Date' at WBS level '4' mandatory (PRTE-PENDE for PRPS-STUFE =4). I do not want start date. Field selection for WBS does not provide for it. Same is the case with validation.

Or, have I missed out something ?

Please help out.

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Go to T-Code OPUK in SPRO, Click on "Influencing" tab, double click on "Level" field, Select "Plan meth./ Basic dates" and make it a required field.

I am not sure, whether it is possible to have only Finish date as mandatory.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would request more responses, even work around solutions !!!

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Validation with exit.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I am already using user-defined fields . But here I want to make basic finish date mandatory and use this for for material planning.

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might be an alternate solution for you. Why don't you make User defined field Date as Basic finish date or something to that affect and use that field as mandatory through Validation rule?

Anyways this date doesn't restrict you to post any transactional data etc. even if you reach it.

Hope it helps.

Arya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry, but this is limited to project definition. Then again, for the planning indicator - not for dates.

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balakrishnan,

Thanks for the response.

Hope I have understood your suggestion properly.

The settings you recommended will only make the "planning method /Basic' indicator at project definition level mandatory (Field PROJ-VGPLF). I am looking for a solution to make 'Basic Finish Date' entry at 4 th level WBSE mandatory.

Kindly respond.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

The above settings in OPUK will make the "planning method /Basic' indicator at WBS element level mandatory (Field PROJ-VGPLF) not at project definition level.

One thing, which I forgot to mention is that you will have to enter "4" in the "Contents" field after double clicking on "Level" to activate this setting only for 4th level WBS elements.

I do not know, how to make only Basic Finish Date mandatory.

Regards,

Balakrishnan