cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External control of Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is an external system should control my interface.

In PI for external controlling of interfaces, I can start/stop a particular communication channel using HTTP post with proper auth to do this.

But the problem I see here is, the third party appln can start the channel when required doing a HTTP post operation. But how can the third party application know when to stop the channel? I need to ensure the channel has completed one "succesful" message processing. The time required for this could vary depending on the size of the message to be processed.

Have you encountered such a requirement earlier. If so, what was the design you used to achieve the same. Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Jaishankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please refer:

- Adapter Scheduling - Hail SP 19

- Control Communication Channels Externally without using RWB

Hope this may be of some use to you.

Thanks,

Durga

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible through before & after command line statement. Before process execute statement for third party application activation, once operation is finished after command line statement will stop third party application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont intend to use a File adapter for my scenario. Most likely it could be a SFTP adapter.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are u open to use BPN for ur design? If yes, then u may wait for the ack from ur receiver, and once received, u may use the send step to trigger the http post for handling the CC externally.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Hmm.. Seems like a good idea. But what was a simple interface in other middle ware(BC) turns out to be a complex one in PI (the advanced version with lot more features!!!). If there is no other way, I will have to use this for my design.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Planning to use a dummy interface with scripts to solve the issue. The dummy interface polls for the trigger file. In OS cmd after msg processing, the actual files(along with trigger file) are moved to a different folder. My 2nd interface polls this directory for the files.

Thanks

Jaishankar