cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use SAP link to DownLoad ABAP WebDynpro Application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI...

Currently i am working in ABAP WebDynpro.

Now i want to take back up of my application from EC6.

i was get one link about SAPlink. but i dont know how to use it.

is there any another solution to download ABAP Webdynpro Application?

thanks in Advance.....

Regaards,

Vipul Darji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SAPlink has documenation and a demonstration video on the WIKI of the google code page (URL was already provided). For WDA, be sure that you download and install the addition Web Dynpro plug-ins for SAPlink. Once SAPlink is installed the process is quite simple. Run program ZSAPLINK and choose to create a new SLINKEE and provide the web dynpro component you want to download. The XML file will then be created for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thomas,

As par your guidance i was followed that steps. i can export program . but when i am going to export ABAP webdynpro Component is Going to give me dump. for creating a slinkee it is only supporting class and programs.

for nugget .

frist step we have to create a nugget.

now you have to add objects in nugget .

i can add programs and packages to that nugget.

but when i am giving Webdynpro Component it is not exporting any data into nugget.

if anybody can help me in this than it is good for me.

regards,

Vipul Darji

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I assume you didn't install the additional plug-ins. SAPlink originally shipped with Classes and Programs support only. But the framework was designed to be extensible. Therefore other authors could add more development object support over time via a plug-in mechanims. The plug-ins are listed on the SAPlink google code page and get installed via SAPlink.

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

one you have done successfully installed the saplink installer.

then download the webdynpro plugin from the below link.

[http://code.google.com/p/saplink/wiki/pluginList]

activate the classes.

Dear Thomas,

I am facing one issue like i could able to add webdynpro components to Nugget but incase of webdynpro interface it is not working after running the program it is giving me Red Light please help me.

Thanks,

Mahesh.Gattu

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I am facing one issue like i could able to add webdynpro components to Nugget but incase of webdynpro interface it is not working after running the program it is giving me Red Light please help me.

>

>

> Thanks,

> Mahesh.Gattu

I've already said it, quoting myself "Do not make a backup of the Web Dynpro Application or the Interface (ZIWCI*)".

The application you can easily create again yourself, and the interface will be generated again automatically.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One additional comment: Do not make a backup of the Web Dynpro Application or the Interface (ZIWCI*), just the Component. Currently SAPlink has a bug by which, if you backup both Application and Component on the same Nugget, an error occurs at import time. Of course however, you can always edit the faulty file and remove the Application section later as nuggets are just XML.

Regards

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Good points.

>Currently SAPlink has a bug by which

Well to be fair it is only kind of a bug. SAPlink imports everything in alphabetical order of development object type. So it tries to import the Web Dynpro Application before the Component leading to the problem. I've been thinking about that one I wonder if it would be better if the applications were just embedded in the WD Component object. That way you would import them together - even when you are just using a Slinkee. We could still have the Web Dynpro Application as a standalone object for times when you want to export something like a floorplan configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i notice thread is a bit old - but maybe this will help anyone whom stumbles across this.

yes, indeed, just open in notepad and search for tags <WDYA>

copy all of these nodes <WDYA>...</WDYA> to the end of the file before the closing </nugget> tag,

not an elegant solution but it will then do the import ok. Especially if you have older nuggs created elsewhere on a different system you no longer have access to - so you can at least salvage all the contents of the nugg in the event you can longer recreate from the original system.

It would be cool if there was an interactive selection of the items in the file to upload - as the display mode lists all the contents of the NUGG - should be able to pick and choose items from that list and then install - as I have some large nugg files generated from transport / package & i may only want to reinstate selectively.

I only discovered saplink about 2 year ago but it is a brilliant concept, not only for portfolio retention but in complex landscapes where you might want to port developments into a sandpit client that may not be on a conventional transport route.

Former Member
0 Kudos

use this link to dowload your application

http://code.google.com/p/saplink/

also check this forum thread

thanks

Suman

Edited by: suman kumar chinnam on Aug 29, 2008 10:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer to this link-