cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ROUTING_BACK_ERROR in the IDOC to JDBC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on the scenario IDOC to JDBC .Here from IDOC i have successfully inserted the entries in the table usig JDBC adapter.But it is giving the error in the acknowledgement as below

SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="OUTBINDING">ROUTING_BACK_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>,XD1_WEB</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>,EDI,,</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Error in back routing Error in communication channel</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

The error "acknowledgement is not possible" occurs when IDOC is a sender .You can just Ignore this if you have nothing to do with acknowledgements.

Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can supress this i think,

1.download this doc,

http://sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-how-to-guides/how to handle acknowledgments for idoc.pdf

Check on <b>IDXNOALE table</b>

Refer page Page 10, <i>If you want to suppress any kind of

acknowledgment, maintain the

IDXNOALE table: specify the port, the

client of the sender, and the message type.</i>

Hope this helps,

Anirban.

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either you suppress with IDXNOALE (as per ANirban's detailed suggestion) or you create a RECEIVER IDOC CC to let your ACK IDocs <i>fall</i> correctly into SAP R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did the solution help you, is it solved? I think Both the options are fine, although i just knew this way out.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for all your solutions to this error.i will try the two methods and let you know.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Anirban,

I think your solution will help if the target system also SAP(IDOC ). (correct me if am wrong)

Here I am using JDBC and database as a target system .

Once we moved the entries in the table from SAP to database table I want to send the acknowlegment (success or failure message ) to SAP.How to proceed this ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Sorry for the late reply, i missed the auto mail.

Anyways is the problem solved?

Actually the acknowledgement is asked by sender SAP system which pots idoc so it donot matter if your target is JDBC,

You can see this weblog where the author sends an idoc to xi and xi posts a file and sends back an acknowledgement to SAP server.The technical reason which i think is that SAP system posts and sees the target as a Business system or business service or an intregation process so it donot matter if target is JDBC or file.

The weblog is:

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

I mean get a try to this, if this donot work we can troubleshoot or think of alternative solution.

Have a great day!!

Anirban.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

It would be helpful if you could tell what error your ADAPTER is showing in the RunTime workbech.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhavesh