Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail customer - Site (Store) level authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are implementing IS Retail for retail store chain customer.

As I understand, in retail, Plant is replaced by Site and each store is considered a site, which obviously will be an org level.

Now our customer want that, for example, a store manager for one store should not have access to other store details. So given that we will go live with 1500 stores, will I have to create 1500 roles for 1500 store managers ???

As expected this is a nightmare situation, where I am supposed to create a role for each user at each store and distribution centre.

Is there a workaround??

regards, Sean.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a parent role and then derive them based on the site.

Derive one role manually, then create a CAT script to copy and rename the derived roles.

Once that is done, you can update the Org level value in each role individually.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. Let me rephrase that:

In retail business, is it necessary to secure data at "Site" org level ?? What about retail customers with 5000 stores??

I don't think it is a feasible solution to create a role per user.

regards, Sean.

0 Kudos

I can understand you'd like a shortcut but I am afraid there isn't any. (I'd be very happy if I'm wrong here)

If you need to shield information in such a way you'll have to build the roles for that. As mentioned you can speed up the building process with ECATT.

Imagine having to supply the keys for 5000 store buildings (times average 5 doors/store times 3 keyholders/store). That guy would like a shortcut as well

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I know it's little late to update this thread, but can anyone please help me out here with any steps to use ECATT.

I have created a global role with * for Site org level. Now I have to create 140 similar roles but with different value for each Site.

Help surely appreciated

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created separate roles for different org levels using derived role strategy. Issue resolved for now with loads of work.