cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining warehouse maximum capacity in the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Our users want to maintain the warehouse maximum capacity in the system so when the stock in the warehouse exceeds from a certain capacity, system wont allow to post stock in the warehouse.

Any ideas for this that this is possible or not?

Best Regards,

AI.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roger_white2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The use of the warehouse management module will facilitate this requirement. You can assign maximum weights and capacities against bins. The system will not allow stock to be posted to a bin if the bin capacity would be exceeded.

The storage type configuration shound set to enable capacity management and you'll need to maintain weights in the material master.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roger White .

we donot have warehouse management module in our system. is there any way to do this task without warehouse management??

Please respond.

Best Regards,

AI.

roger_white2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If they need this level of control then I would recommend WM. Personally, and without further investigation, I know of no other way of handling this requirement. It may be possible to develop a work around and use a custom table to keep track of capacity whenever stock is added or removed from an area but that would probably get messy.

If I were you I would set up a demo scenario on a test system and then process some stock through from Goods receipt to posting to a bin both with and without the quantity constraints. I'm sure it'll' give them what they want together with the necessary reporting requirements i.e. how much capacity do we have remaining on a given bin/rack.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roger,

I dont want to check on the basis of capacity. I want to check on the basis of stock value. we want this because of insurance thing. For example we have a storage location "A". In storage location "A" , the insurance limit is 3,000,000 PKR then what we want that when the stock value exceeds 3,000,000 , system should stop us to move further stock to that storage location.

Please respond if you have any idea about this.

Best Regards,

AI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stock is not valuated at the storage location level.

Valuation is either at Plant or Company code level as per standard SAP.

So if you have valuation at the Plant level, then you can put validation (FI validation) and prevent FI document from being created. I am not sure whether it will prevent the creation of MM document which in turn creates the FI doc. You can try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we design any customized solution for this? if yes then please suggest how?

Best Regards,

AI.

roger_white2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could try calling a routine from MIGO via a user exit. The routine would have to look at the value of the stock in the storage location, quickest way could be to use transaction MC.9 as a basis with the current price option (data from the info structure would be quicker than an equivalent MB52). If the total stock value + the value you're about to post exceeds the permitted level then you could prevent the posting and give an error message. You'd need to decide which movements types were relevant (101, 501, 561 for a start).

Have a look at MC.9 and you'll see what I mean (i hope!)

Regards,

Answers (0)