cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

version field width increase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sap gurus,

Kindly tell me how to increase version width from two digits to five digits. This is my client requirement

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Document version is a sap standard field, and it cannot be changed, you can do one thing, you can give one attribute to users as users version with 5 characters in additional attribute. No other way except this I can see to resolve issue.

Punam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punam,

How to give attribute to user. Is it a ABAP job. Kindly clarify

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

See if the version field is so important then in Additional Data tab, one field can be added as " Version" as CHAR (5). Document version (dokvr) is sap Standard field, and as per my knowledge, we cant change its length. Try to convince your users, that length can be only 3 characters. If it is required as necessary one, then give them as attribute or in meta data (Additional data tab).

Punam

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Punam,

In cv01n transaction,

In Addnl Data Tab presently having following fields which i needs to be changed.

Addnl Data Tab:

Inbound Material Safety Data Sheet

MSDS Supplier

Product Number

Country

Dok-X Document Type

Dok-X Document Status

Dok-X Document Version

Dok-X Version Date

Above mentioned fields i have to change for Example i to maintain, Project Name, Responsible person name etc.

how i can do that.

Pls guide me step by step config steps

This i need very urgently.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Class as Version in CL01

Create Characteristic to this class as Version number and set data type as numeric with required number of digits as Values in CT04.

In the document type you mention this class as default so that everytime whenever you create any document using this document type you will get this characteristics (Version number) in additional tab and there you can maintain you user required version number.

Hope this helps U..!

Thank You,

Manoj

award points if useful..!