cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Different XMLs:Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

We have two different maps and two different ports created..

1. For Article master.

2. For Dangerous Goods Master

So when we change any field.. Artmas XML is triggered (by Syndication) and syndicates record..

But when i change Dangerous goods field Still Artmas XML is triggered whereas I was expecting Dangerous goods XML to be triggered..

Please let me know if i have missed any setting/mapping in syndication...so that two different XML's shud be triggered...

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NOt Sorted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I faced the same issue and used two diffrent remote system per map. It worked.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

According to what I have understood, you are dealing with two master tables for which you have created two ports and corrrespondingly two syndication maps for the syndication of two XML files.

The best practice in this case would be you create two different remote sytems for these two ports and maps.

Also set the map properties->output remote system for each map.Select the desired remote system for each map.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

So when we change any field.. Artmas XML is triggered (by Syndication) and syndicates record..

From the above statement I can conclude that you are syndicating through Workflows.

You need to use two workflows for two masters because in the Syndicate step we need to specify the Port. You can also use the Branch Step for differentiating which field has got change and syndicate the desired records.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

1. For Article master.

2. For Dangerous Goods Master

- Make sure that when you are creating two syndication maps for two differnt xmls to be syndicated you have choosen the correct destination properties.

- While creating the first map in File->New->select teh correct port and remote sytem and the XML schema pertaining to Article master say.

- While creating the Map for Dangerous goods master selct the respective dangerous goods XML schema in the file properties.

- Cross check by opening teh map and checking in the Map properties tab which is the Remotes sytem its showing in the first step property.

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Thanks for youe quick response..

I just checked both the maps and found the remote system is same for both the maps also Root has different XMLs

1. has Article Master has ARTMAS04 and

2. Dangerous goods have DANGEROUSGOODS04 ( which is right..

SO do you reckon that for both the maps remote system should be different ...

Please let me know..

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I guess you have a seperate table or field for material type to distinguish between Article Master and Dangerous goods. Both the type of materials are stored in main table.

Is it the case ?

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Let me explain.. We have 1 main Table called articles .

SOme fields are mapped to ARTMAS XML while some fields are mapped to DANGEROUSGOODS XML..

So for an Article out of 28 fields in Main table 18 are mapped to ARTMAS while other 10 to DAngerousgoods ...

Please let me know if any issues..

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Great,

quite simple.

In Syndicator, go to free-form search for both to syndicator XML maps separately.

For 1st map, select the material(s) which belong to Artmas. So only materails and fields related will be syndicated out.

For 2nd map, select the material(s) which belong to Dangerous goods. So only materails and fields related will be syndicated out.

Hope it clears or let me know,

+ An

P.S. Will also put this in article for future use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi An,

Actually i think theres some confusion(I created)..

What happens is say for 1 redord e.g Article 1196 i change data in field relevant to Artmas ..say for eg Purchasing group and at the same time i change data (for same article) in Dangerous goods XMl say for Example Flash point ...

and save the record..

The result i expected was two different XML's ..hWHile only one XML ( ArTMAS) gets syndicated...

I hope this makes clear..

Please let me know if any confusions...

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

From what I ahve understood from your requirement.

You have one main table which are storing two type os masters one articel master and teh second the dangerous goods master.So you have one repository storing field values of these two master.say 10 fields are pertaining to articel master and 10 fields pertaining to Dangerous goods master.

Now you want that when i change any field value pertaining to the article master then an xml should be genearted consisiting of only article fields and if any field of dangerous goods are cahnged then acc those re fields xml should be genearted.

If this is the case:

- You will first have to create one remotes sytem with two outbound ports.

- 1 port carrying the xml for article and the other for dang goods.

- In Syndicator create two maps

- Since both are fields of teh same rep you will be using the same xml schema for both

- Now in Syndicator->file new->select port 1->remotesystem->XML schema->

- Now when mapping fields map only the artcle master specific fields

- Save the map

- Give this map name in the 1 port.

- processing type as autmatic as per ur req

- Simillarly carete another map insyndicator where you will be mapping the fields pertaining to the Dang goods.

- Save the other map too and mention it in the ports

- Now whenever any single field of teh entire rec if cahnged the rec will get syndicated.

- But the ports will be scaned in seq so the first porst raedy folder will contain all teh artcle field s and the sec ports redy folder will contain all the dang goods fields.

- If you use the suppress unchanged rec in syndicator then even if once the rec si syndicated it wont go gain

- So the important point is following these steps youw ill get two XML each acco to the master (art/dang goods)

- but the rec will get syndicated to both teh ports even if field value of one master is cahnged

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto