cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM Host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I always see an error when running transaction DSWP which was icm/host_name_full incorrect. I have seen the notes from SAP but still could not fix the problems. Can anyone help me??

For the references:

icm/host_name_full : http://192...*(ip address solman server)/solman7.

What are my mistakes??

Thank you very much for the help.

Best Regards,

Basis Team

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That parameter is asking for the fully qualified domain name of the server. It is not a URL.

for example the parameter on our test server looks like this.

icm/host_name_full = solman.dallas123.com

The server name is "solman" the DNS domain that it exists in is "dallas123.com"

Also reference the following:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e7/7af83b0255a206e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Phil May on Aug 29, 2008 5:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

my solution manager is local installation and not connected to Domain.

i.e... by default this will in WORKROUP

my windows OS is 2003R2 64bit.

solution manager is 7.0 (SP15 stack)

if i check the full system name in server/computer properties...

i can see as <servername only>

without <server name only> . workgroup.com

please update me on ...

1* how can we set the profile parameter

icm/host_name_full

2* what will happen if i add my server to domain after installation.

thanking you in all and anticipation.

by

raghava rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a few things you can do.

To start with, we are talking about a DNS domain, not a windows domain, so if your solman server is setup for DNS resolution, you should already have some DNS suffix associated with the server. (Go to a command prompt and type in "ipconfig" (without quotes). The output should show you the DNS suffix, if you have configured your server to be a DNS client. If so, use this suffix (example solman.yourdomain.com)

If not, you can add a host entry locally (such as solman.local) in the hosts file and use that for your icm/host_name_full. However, your other clients and sap servers will not be able to resolve that name.

I recommend that you have your DNS admins add a host (A) record entry for your server into your internal DNS (example solman.yourdomain.com), you configure your server to be a DNS client and point it to these servers, and that you then use that FQDN for your icm parameter.

As to your second question, "What will happen if I add it to a domain, later. I am assuming you are asking about windows domains, now. From the standpoint of this parameter, you need to consider if adding the server to the domain changed your fqdn, if so, you need to adjust your profile parameter. If not, then the parameter remains unchanged.

Of course, there are other considerations beyond the icm/ parameter to be considered when adding it to a domain; such as security, users and groups, etc. But all of this information is readily found in the Installation guide for solman 7.0.

Best Regards,

Phillip