cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

va01

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have deleted one Sales Document type from Development server.But the same document type is available in production server. So please give details that the same document type can be transfered from production to development server or not.

Thanks ,

Rash.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Sales doc VOV8 settings are transportable. So when you detele the SO, when you save it, you might have got a transport request. Unless you move the transport to testing & production, you cannot see the change.

If you move your transport to production, then you willnot be able to find the order type in production as well.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After deletion of this sales doc

i have transported to quality.But I donot Transfer to production.So the original data is present as it is in production. So my question is can same sales document type should transfer from production to development server or not.

Thanks,

Rash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The data which is in production need not necessarily be in development box. Do you want to move the sales order from production back to development? Is that your question?

Development , testing & production are 3 different boxes. If you want to have the sales order data, then create the same data in development with the same characters as in production. Give the TR description as not to be moved to production.

Transport move happens from DEV --> QAS --> PROD.

Its not the other way round. Reverse is not possible. You cant transport from production to development.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Transport request is ONE WAY for production

Means you can trasport from quality / development to Production server but not from production to quality or development

So now first you need to check whetehr you have maintained same thing in QUALITY or not, if yes then you can trasport same from Quality to Development

Else CLIENT COPY will be best as you can maintain whole production to development

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashm,

You may ask the basis consultant to manually transport the request if it is allowed on your productive system to be transported in reverse to quality and development

if there is no requerst generation , the you may have to manuslly create the document type again based on thre settings in production

hope this helps

Thanks

Akasha

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Since the configuration details are available, you can configure the same Sales document type again in Development and transport the changes to Quality. Since earlier changes were not moved to Production, now also it is not required to move the changes.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Its normal things happen many times so the solution is to ask BASIS ppl to carry out TRANSPORT form production to quality

Just for your information, if you want to maintain same data as in production to development or quality, you can do CLIENT COPY. and the requirement for client copy is to have space in ur landscape. You need to define New DEVELOMENT CLIENT and copy from production

Regards

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rash,

I think It is not possible ..

You can't Transfer from Production server to Development server.

You can do from Development server to Production server.

Any how you better to take help of BASIS people they will be able to tell the possibility.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.