cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass the preview chinese to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Seniors,

I have a case where that is pass preview to PDF, now for example Iam in the client xxx and have a form name A and B, with chinese text. problem is.. in form name A can successfully pass the preview to PDF with chinese text but form B cannot pass to PDF successfully and show up with ###.

but both of this form can successfully printing out to hardcopy. I have already used the printer device PDFPRINTER from SAP. but no used. have anything setting inside form or coding can I do ? thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the font family and font size that should be supported to print the chinese text.

Regards,

Raju.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Output device type for both forms are they same?

if not pls assing same output device as of form "A".

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Amit,

I have already using the same output device to print out the PDF, both of this form A and B Iam using YLOCL(creating by our basis guy). but cannot work in the Form B(chinese), Form A (chinese) can print out to PDF. have the other solution ? thank you

Edited by: koho koho on Sep 3, 2008 9:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to print in simplified Chinese with SMARTFORM. I pass the corect language in the control parameter '1'. When I preview I can see good translations in EN or ZH BUT I can not print.

We are on release 6 and I understand cascading fonts not real option until release 6.2. The CONVERT_OTF_TO_PDF will not translate the Chinese character to PDF. We are using Unicode.

I really would prefer having a solution NOT tied to a particular printer make and model as this is limiting. I do not want to re write in ADS.

I am sure somebody is doing this but can not get a complete answer as to how this would be done. Any help is appreciated.