cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between RFC, SYSTEM and AUDIT users?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you highlight the main differences between the following users:

RFC

SYSTEM

AUDIT

how do their functions differenciate them ?

Thanks in advance,

Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In what system? Can you be a little more specific?

thanks

Henrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henrik,

This will be for the productive system AP0, if u mean the version it is 4.6c.

Thanks,

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwakar,

I'm not quite sure what you are asking...

Are you referring to user types in R/3 4.6C?

If so, you can find a definition here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3d/3272396ace5534e10000000a11405a/content.htm

Let us know if you have any other questions, or need more information

Regards

Henrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henrik,

Thank you for your help.

Yes i was referening to SAP R/3 version 4.6c.

Basically i wanted to know the difference between these users in SAP R/3.

It would be great if you can tell me the roles of an Audit User in SAP R/3

Thank you once again for your time.

Regards,

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the audit user is not a SAP standard user, so I couldn't possibly tell you what it does or what it has access to. To find that out, look at the roles assigned to the user.

The RFC user isn't a standard user either. It's most likely used for RFC connections into the system, and as such should be a communication type user - not dialog.

If you don't know what these users do, I suggest you talk to whoever created them. You can find that through the change documents, through SUIM

Hope that helps

Regards

Henrik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC User

-

RFC user is basicly used to receive status messages. An RFC user has to be created in all the system clients where messages needs to be recieved. An RFC user can also be used for receiving messages using SMTP plug-in.

The RFC User is an sap user of type System and that's why no person can logon with this user on SAP System.

Following is thr procedure to create RFC User, remember the purpose is to recieve messages including status messages as well.

Creation of RFC User

-

Go to Tools > Administration > User Maintenance > Users.

Enter a name, for example MAIL_ADMIN.

Select "New"

On the Logon data tab page, select the user type System.

Enter a password.

On the Profiles tab page, enter the authorization profile S_A.SCON. This profile minimizes the risk of misuse, even if the communication system does not store the password is encoded form.

Select "Save"

Both RFC user and a System user are of type System only. Now the difference, depends upon the profile and authorization of the user.

Audit users are of type dialog, and can be used by a person to logon to system. There might be many roles assigned to this user. My understanding is that an Audit User is not a standard sap type user but just a dialog user and can be created with a conventional method of creating any other dialog users with a specific profile and authorizations.

Still to confirm, Can you please tell us, how many types of users does it shown in 4.6c at the time of user creation?

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti