Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change DIR_TRANS parameter

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have recently installed Trial ABAP NW7 version. I need to import several transports and need to configure TMS. I can not figure how to change value for DIR_TRANS parameter. When I go to AL11, it does not allow me to change it.

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit and Ashutosh,

Thank you for your help. Once I imported all active profiles for the server, I was able to change this parameter in RZ10, and the transport system is now working.

I have split the points.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

Your Question.How to change value for DIR_TRANS parameter?

Answer: Goto Tcode rz10>select instant profile>select radio button extended maintenance--> and then you can change it.Do read the documents for this parameter from rz11 before changing it in rz10.

NOTE: Dont forget to take the backup of your profile folder from :\usr\sap\Sid\SYS/Profiles.Sometimes changing parameter causes adverse effect.In that case we have to again load these backed-up profile to get to the previous value.Also remember the version number(check from rz10)

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you can not change any parameter in AL11.

You can check all your parameters by rz10 either in instance profile or in default profile.

DIR_TRANS is the parameter that is set by default during the installation and pointed to /usr/sap/trans .

You can run the report RSPARAM in se 38 or sa 38 and it will give you all information about the default and configured parameters.

Then search Dir_TRANS.

Hope this helps

Amit