cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PageHeader UI element - where is in Theme Editor ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for personalize the PageHeader UI in certain WD Java applications, (change colour) but I cannot found in Portal Theme Editor, I dont know where is the component that PageHeader use.

Any help?

thanks in advance,

regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I am confusing.

I thinked you are speaking about other tool different than Theme Editor.

I know theme Editor and use it always. But in Portal environment, which is the difference using installing it in NWDS?

But the doubt is because when I change the theme selected, PageHeader changes the colour. For this reason I suppose that Theme Editor control it.

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Leandro,

Theme Editor, whether in Portal or as Stand Alone tool, both cater to same UI elements. [The download page|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/136dd890-0201-0010-1b9d-bd09a0d3b1d8] for theme editor proclaims this clearly.

"As some customers do not have the version of SAP Enterprise Portal that includes this Theme Editor , this version of the Theme Editor is offered as an unsupported, standalone tool from SDN."

So, to me it means that if a UI element cannot be edited in Portal theme editor, you won't have that element available for editing in Stand alone theme editor either.

PageHeader element changes colour with theme change because of different style sheets being used by different themes but this element is not available for change by customers with Theme Editor.

At present, I'm not aware of any other way to change this UI element.

Regards,

Vishwas.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro Balboni,

Okay it's a bit ago... but I have the same problem. Do you know meanwhile where to customize UI control "pageheader" in theme editor?

Thanx

Andreas Lorinser

SAP Integration Services (Common Services)

AXA Group Solutions

Gärtnerstrasse 2, A1.124

8400 Winterthur, Switzerland

Tel.: +41 52 261 6717

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, clear answer.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to install theme editor tool into NWDS and edit the themes necessary in NWDS.

Check this link for details: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/136dd890-0201-0010-1b9d-bd09a0d3...

This works perfect for me.

Thanks,

Madhavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply,

Is it free?.

Edited by: Leandro Balboni on Sep 1, 2008 12:38 PM

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Leandro,

Theme Editor tool is free but PageHeader UI element is not available for modification because it is for internal use of 'Portal Platform Group'. Since you want to change the colour of image that is embedded in this element, if your 'Title' is static, an image element may work for you.

Hope this helps.

Vishwas.