cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set dynamically by ABAP code different fonts family in SAPScript?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on a project involving group companies located in different countries of the world, having different alphabets (i.e. latin, arabic, chinese, cyrillic etc.).

We are developing an FI invoice form with SAPScript, that must contain some information (in the same paragraph) in an alphabet and some in another alphabet, according to the alphabet used for compiling the corresponding SAP tables.

i.e., we have some addresses that in tables appear in chinese alphabet, while some others appear in latin fonts, and the users would like to see it printed in the invoice form exactly as they can see them in the SAP tables.

How can I say (if it's possible!) through ABAP dynamically to SAPScript "for this item use exactly the same font family used to compile that field in that table" ?

Thanks in advance for your support

Chiara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaira,

apart from your requirement try to create list box field by which you can select the language.

then you develope code to display font style according to the language which you have selected.

try it. littel change in your actual requiremt.

Reagards,

Chinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chinna,

thanks for your message, I proposed your solution to customers, and at least we agreed to set in the sapscript an alphabet that contains all the fonts (such as andale_j), so it is auto-adaptive to any language/symbol.

But we still have two open points:

1) our printers cannot print correctly glyphs (I think it could be a customizing problem. Maybe in i18n or in se73 it is possible to solve it?)

2) european/latin fonts in previews appear like "courier" instead "arial" and customers don't like this too much. I think it's again a customizing problem in the same transactions...but no system administrator knows how to do that.

Sorry for disturbing you, but if you or someone who's looking at the forum could solve it..please give me an idea.

Thanks in advance

Chiara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chiara,

i don't know exactly the name of the table for FONTS.

you first findout that table and try to modify the table by adding more font family to that table