cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have scenario where I am using Remote key in import Manager.

I am using remote key for matching key in import manager.I am able to load records only first time.When ever I am trying to load next time getting error "Unique Key violation".

I also tried using Remote key and display field as combine key or two matching key but still getting the same error.

Please provide the right solution.

thanks

Jasbir Battu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasbir,

I have scenario where I am using Remote key in import Manager.

I am using remote key for matching key in import manager.I am able to load records only first time.When ever I am trying to load next time getting error "Unique Key violation".

I also tried using Remote key and display field as combine key or two matching key but still getting the same error.

As you have mentioned that you have taken the Remote key as the Matchinf key and you are facing an Error " Unique Key Violation".

The reason for this error:

Remote key is mapped to such a field which does not have Unique entries. And for that field you must have set the property - "Unique" in the field settings in Console.

For ex, take Material Number. This field must have made this field as Unique in Console. Then you must clone this field in Import Mapping and then

Map the Original Field to the Remote Key and

Cloned field to the Material Number on the Destination.

However, the source file you are trying to Import must be having Duplicate Values for Material Number.

Hence, since Material Number is mapped to Remote Key and the remote key is taken as the Matching Field, the Unqiue constraint is violated. Hence you are getting this error.

So, I would advice you to :

1) Either remove the duplicate entries for the field you are mapping to the Remote key.

2) Or else, map a suitable field ( which is having a Unique value in the Source file ) to the Remote key field.

Also,

Below is the link which will be additinal help to know the complete procedure of handling Remote key import and Syndication .

How to Use Remote Keys for Remembering Remote System Specific Formats of Data :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30843106-5539-2b10-75a9-da483911...

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasbir,

We can not have records with same Remote Key in MDM Repository. You need to identify the Unique field in the records you are trying to import and create the Clone field of that Unique field and use it as a Remote Key.

Example:

Id Name Sal

100 ABC 10000

200 ABC 20000

300 XYZ 10000

In the above example create the Clone of field Id and map it with the Remote Key. Now you can use the Remote Key for Matching.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasbir,

Unique Key Violation error occurs whenver you make any field as Unique in the Console.

- Check and see the primary field which you are mapping to the remote key field in the Import Manager must have been set as Unique in the Console.

- Say for example you are mapping Mat num to the remote key field and if you have made mat num field as unique in the MDM rep field property for this field,it will not allow you to import any duplicate values.

- The First import is working fine as you are having all unique different value in this primary unique field but in the second round of import these values are getting duplicated.and the unique constraint is violated so it is leading to an exception.

- The solution for avoiding this excepion is that either make sure that the records you are going to import are unique in the source file itself this will not violate the unique field constraint and all the different rec will get imported in MDM once.

- Or do not make the field as unique in Console but rather set the mport map in such a way that the import action is set to update all mapped fields this will update the existing records with the new values from the incoming source file without throwing an error.

You can go through the below link to understand og remote key mapping works in mdm:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7051c376-f939-2b10-7da1-c4f8f9ee...

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto