cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM: Supply categorization issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CTM gurus

Earlier I had posted a question related to the similar issue.

I want to consider the planned order and production order as supply that are at the same level for CTM. That means if a Product have planned and production orders, the demand should treat them same.

Currently CTM pegs the sales orders (highest priority demand) with the Production order even though the production order may be 6 month out in the future and there are enough capacity to available to to make the product earlier than that.

Have you come across such situation before. Please help.

Thanks and Regards

Anand Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can define sequence how CTM consumes the supply categories in search strategy,which can be selected in CTM profile in Supplies Tab...

You can define the Supply Categories and search strategy in customisation under Capable to Match->Define Supply Categories/Search Strategy..

Edited by: Thukral on Aug 28, 2008 9:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thukral

Thanks for the reply. Whatever sequence is defined in search strategy, CTM is considering production order/Purchase order first then planned orders or purchase requisitions.

It seems that search strategy has no influence on firmed orders.

Thanks and Regards

Anand Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you have an order firmed which is due 6 months in future..how about using option of Replan all orders in Planning Mode and Delete All existing receipts...in Net change planning...

What is pegging relationship you have selected...

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example - We have purchase orders that are created to procure long lead time items.

I used the option of replan all orders and delete all existing receipts but that doesnt delete the firmed orders.

We are using fixed pegging as of yet. I have also tested the scenario with dynamic pegging but getting the same result.

Thanks again for your reply.

Thanks and Regards

Anand Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I guess CTM planning run can only delete planned orders, purchase requisitions, transfer-requisitions and substitute-requisitions. All the other order types cannot be deleted at all by a CTM planning run. Therefore these orders are always considered fixed by CTM.

Can you try with late demand fulfillment (/SAPAPO/CTMCUST) to some days less than Production order receipt date , still it is not creating any planned order ?

Make Late Demand scheduling strategy:Keep lateness to minimum .This can be defined in the CTM profile under the Special strategies tab using transaction /sapapo/ctm.

Hope your - Dmd Fulfillmnt Strategy is Domino strategy .

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish

Thanks for your response.

That is correct, we are following Domino strategy. We have a bigger horizon for LDF because if we go with lower side of LDF, CTM doesnt create any supply.

Thanks and Regards

Anand Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

I am not sure whether your are still facing the issue or not. But here is my reply.

If I am correct, you want to consume planned order and production order from same bucket first and then go to next buxket...right?

If Iam right, then you can use interval planning. But beaware, Interval planning destroys your performance.

Thanks

Pavan