cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintaining WBS BOM in APO SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

Does SNP support maintaining WBS BOM's ? Any ideas /experienes ?

To brief about WBS BOM, they are jus tlike variable BOM's. A requirement for certain material can have a certain WBS BOM and the same material but a different requirement can have a different WBS BOM. So practically, there might be more than one BOM for a single material, based on the requirreemnt. This type pf requirement ic common in Project Systems -PS

Now my Q is does SNP support creating/maintaining PPM( WBS BOM & routing)? If so how can this be configured. ANy ideas/experiences are widely welcome.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

If one requirement follows the completion of ealier requirement then you can use the concept of component validity period in PPM that is

For Requirement 1 Between Period P1 to P2 the input component in BOM with be C1

For Requirement 2 Between Period P11 to P22 the component in BOM will be C2

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thukral

Appreciate your reply

However it is very much possible that the same material might have different requiremnts going on in parallel and its not necessary that one requirement follows ONLY upon the completion of other requireemnt.

So other thAn vailidity period, is there any other parameter or some other configuration which would help in bringing different WBS BOM's for the same material into SNP and identify them uniquely based on the requirement.

CAN BOMs' be maintained per customer? Say, I get a requirement for customer C1. Base don the customer, does SNP offer a way to choose and explode the pertinent BOM ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

SNP PPM's/BOM's are Product Location Combination Specific....not Customer specific...If you get repeat orders for a customer specific material I would suggest you can maintain customer specific material code and BOM..You can use copy function of PPM to create new Customer specific BOM's/PPM and just change the necessary components.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thukral

Thanks for clarifying that SNP PPM's/BOM's are product Location specific.

However my requirement is that I need to have several versions of the SNP PPM/BOM for a same material based on VC-Varaint configuration in PS-Project Systems.

In VC, same material can have different BOM's(WBS BOM) . Say a product P1 that is needed to be installed at a particular site , Site 1, in Project P1 can have a WBS BOM WB1 and the very same product P1 that is needed to be installed at a particular site , Site 2, in same Project P1 can have a WBS BOM WB2. hope the requirement is clear.

Standard MRP run can identify the WBS BOM based on the the requirement where it is coming from(project, site combinaton) and explodes the relevant WBS BOM in MRP run.

Now we want to simulate the same scenario in SNP and are trying to explore the possibilities of doing the same.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pat,

You can simulate the scenario following way.Projects Execution is in other words "Make to Order" planning.

For Project P1....You can have Sales Order S1

In this Order there can be 2 line Items for Product P1

Line Item 1 will be Product P1 and Plant as Site 1

Line item 2 will be Product P1 and Plant as Site 2

You can maintaing 2 PPM's for P1, one for each location "Site 1 and Site 2" say PPM1 and PPM2 which is equivalent to saying WBS BOM WB1 and WB2...

SNP Run will plan identify based on Sales Order 1 ( Project P1 ) and PPM1 (WB1) and PPM2 ( WB2 ) for a Product P1 like Project systems

Thukral

Answers (0)