cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning while making SWCV Modifiable..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using standard content for integrating SAP with 3rd party via PI. Most of the interfaces are via Server/client proxy. This is same as using Standard content for integration of SAP with CRM./SRM via PI

Due to change in the Business requirement, we need to add some more fields/change mapping to the Out of Box solution.

When I tired to edit software component version, initially it did not allow me to do so. I went and check the flag 'Objects are Modifiable' Now it is giving this warning .

u201CSoftware component version is marked as non modifiable although this is not original in the repository. This status should only be created temporarily for emergency correction.

Also when I edit any object like data type, mapping i am getting this warning

'u201DSystem is not the Original system of the software component version. Do you still want to edit the object?u201D

What is the significance of this warnings ? Are they going to affect in anyway. My aim is to change the existing objects

as lot of coding is already done in ABAP for Proxy classes using these objects.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards

Edited by: XI_Fan on Aug 28, 2008 8:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For a Repository object to be modifiable, all the following settings need to be set to modifiable as well:

the global setting

the software component of the object

the namespace or name range

Please refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/38de9b4eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Durga

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You should always update the components if a product or main instance was changed in the System Landscape Directory after its first allocation to an application component.

1. In the main menu bar of the Integration Builder (Integration Repository) choose Tools ® Update Application Components.

2. In the Update Application Components screen, choose Continue.

3. Mark the checkboxes for the changed products and main instances.

4. Choose Finish.

Thanks,

Durga.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can i ask ..Why are you making the software component modifiable ?

What did you hope to accomplish by that. ?

Regards

Ravi Raman

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

You ideally should not change the Existing SAP provided namespaces. instead of that you create your own namespace and copy the design and mapping objects and modify according to your need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The content that we are using is not from SAP. It is developed by 3rd party vendor which we are integrating to.

SAP-> PI-> 3rd party system ( these people have build the content also)

Along with the content they have given ABAP code also for running the proxy. If I copy the namespace , I need to generate the classes again and write the code. Is there any way i can avoid this?

Regards

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, we can modify standard XI contents for specific client requirements.

But before making changes to standard mappings, take a backup of your standard mappings.

Go to mapping editor - Ctrl + Shift Right Click--> Tools->Export Tools--->Export.

Copy your mapping on desktop in .mte format.

Now you can make changes to Standard mappings....if anything goes wrong...you can import your original mappings....Edit modeCtrl + Shift Right Click--> Tools->Export Tools--->Import.

You can make changes only to standard mappings.....Don't change other componants...otherwise it will distrub whole contents.

- Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since they are already predefined by SAP, I would suggest to make a copy of the object(s) and do the changes according to your requirements.

Regards,

---Satish