cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver XI VS SAP ABAP VS SAP BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm an SAP BASIS administrator. But I am thinking of a career change in my company and if I will be given a chance, I am choosing between the three below.

SAP Netweaver XI

SAP BW

SAP ABAP

I am confuse on which of these three is the best one.

I like BW because many says that this is very in demand.

I like ABAP because I love programming. But I am afraid that this will not be in demand in the future because of the (Netweaver - is it true?)

Lastly, knowing that Netweaver is new in SAP, I am thinking that this will be popular and in demand now and in the future.

Could you guys share your thoughts about this? Which one is the best to choose from the three.

Thank you in advance.

Erwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my view as you are already experienced in BASIS you shall go with it and cover the all stacks of NetWeaver and be the NetWeaver BASIS consultant. Here you can have exposure of all the stacks XI/EP/MDM etc and as a BASIS person you will have more opportunity as well if you are able to handle it.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why choosing ?

I'm a Basis admin and I work on R/3, CRM, XI/PI, SRM, BW, MDM, SOLMAN.

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

As you are already a BASIS Administrator i will suggest you to go for sap xi and some part of sap bw. sap xi will be suitable because all activities of xi will be done by basis person.In BW you can concentrate on bw security,performance tuning like things.If you love abap want to go for it then all your basis experience will go waste.

Regards

Ashok