cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment after MPS run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

i have a question regarding deployment. Do you know if it's possible to run deployment after an MPS run in R/3? It should confirm STR's created by MPS into STO's.

I know that normally deployment confirms SNP proposal, so it's run after SNP heuristic, but in our scenario the client wants to create STR's using MPS and confirm them using deployment.

Do any of you know if this is possible?

Thanks

Mauro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as the MPS run results are published into the appropriate key figures and corresponding ATP categories in SNP, I think it should be possible.

One would want to deploy on confirmed sources of supply like Production orders in factory. you can potentially do deployment using configuration of ATP category group in APO on even unconfirmed orders. So essentially one would create copy ATR and ATI categories, change the contents and assign it to Location (ATR/ATI fields) or Location-Product masters in SNP tabs.

So to conclude, it should be possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

A prerequisite for deployment run in APO is to have information before the run what will actually be produced. If you are able to provide this to the live cache then there is no reason why you cant run a deployment.

Best regards

Sanjeev G Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev, i'll try to make it a little bit clearer.

Normally deployment is run after SNP heuristic, and confirms SNP stock transfer proposals(STR's).

In our case, deployment should be able to confirm stock transfer proposals (requests) created by MPS and not by SNP.

I'm asking if this is possible because i made a test, and deployment seems to confirm only proposals created by SNP, ignoring the STR created by MPS.

Thanks

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro-

What is the Category for the MPS generated STRs in APO? IS it the same as SNP generated STRs? If no, then you need to include this new category in your demand(ATD issues)

Please check your categories under category groups for ATD and revert back.

thanks

Varun