cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP exception messages and SNP alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During MRP run in R3 we used to get exception messages like Reschedule in and Reschedule out as per the planning situation.

Now we are using APO SNP heuristic for planning and we are expecting same kind of messages to be given by SNP planning run for same planning situation.

We try to configure some SNP standard alerts but we are unable to find Reschedule in and out kind of alerts in SDP alerts.

Here, we want to know how we can call MRP kind of messages in APO and where these exception messages are stored in APO system.

Whether SNP heuristic is able to throw R3 MRP kind of exception messages for various planning situations?

Please advise.

Regards.

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

In SDP alert profile this kind of alert is not availabe but it is availabe in PP/DS alerts but that can be called when you are using PPDS planning table.(PPT1 etc)

Please check in alert profile (AMON1 ) in PP/DS tab ->Requirement/Receipt Alerts,Order Alerts - Product-Independent,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/EN/bb/3c8337fa296e6ce10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Order-related PP/DS alerts

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SNP is cross-plant planning and cannot be compared with MRP run. SNP would have already accounted for opportunities for rescheduling in and out to come with the most feasible and optimum plan based on the kind of SNP engine you use. MRP looks at very detail level capacities in hourly times and can be compared to a detailed scheduling board in APO.

If you still want to explore similar feature in SNP, you can configure PPDS-like alerts that looks at pegging relationships. You need not go in for a full fledged PPDS module, and can still continue to configure its alerts based on supply proposals from SNP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish and Srinivas,

Thank you very much for helpful inforamtion in this regards.

We have enabled PPDS Requiremt/Recepit alerts and Order alerts to meet this requirement.

MRP equivelent messages can be displayed through dynamic pegging relation ships between Requirement and Receipt elements.

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish -

IF your stock requirements list in pre SNP scenrio and now looks the same, then you can also consider pulling the MRP exception messages from R/3 to the APO alert monitor.

Looks like you have already found your solution but this can be one the options. The MRP messages would show up in APO exactly the same way as they do in R/3.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I do have exactly the scenario you are describing. We only implemented SNP and transfer the Supply Plan directly into R/3.

Because of this, we do not have the R/3 exception messages anymore but I cannot find an alert in SNP to simulate the same.

How would I create a work around in SNP?

Thanks,

Maria