OPTIND=1

PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

PS1=#

PS2=>

SHELL=/sbin/sh

TEMP=/saptmp

TERM=xterm

TZ=Europe/Rome

I try also as remote installation without success, when gui try to connect sapinst crash

[==============================] / extracting... done!

Starting GuiServer using:

/j2sdk1.4.2_17/bin/java -cp /saptmp/sapinst_exe.1446.1219936784/JAR/instgui.jar:/saptmp/sapinst_exe.1446.1219936784/JAR/inqmyxml.jar -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200

load resource pool /sapcd/IM_SOLARIS_X86_64/resourcepool.xml

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host mnsun037, port 21200 to continue with the installation

guiengine: login in process.

iauxsysex.c:317: child /saptmp/sapinst_exe.1446.1219936784/sapinst (pid 1447) has crashed. Executable directory is /saptmp/sapinst_exe.1446.1219936784. Contact Support.

iaextract.c:814: child has signaled an exec error. Keeping directory /saptmp/sapinst_exe.1446.1219936784

Have you got any idea ?

Regards.

Ganimede Dignan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post the output of

cat /etc/release

uname -a

There is a known problem with a certain kernel preventing sapinst from starting.

Markus

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

bash-3.00# uname -a

SunOS mnsun037 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc

bash-3.00#

bash-3.00# cat /etc/release

Solaris 10 8/07 s10x_u4wos_12b X86

Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Use is subject to license terms.

Assembled 16 August 2007

bash-3.00#

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the exact same combination we tried also - and failed.

There are two solutions:

- upgrade your system to a higher base release than 08/07 (you can download 05/08 for free on http://www.sun.com/solaris and do an upgrade so you won't loose your configuration)

- install at least kernel patch 127112-05 (or higher) and dependent patches. The easiest way to do that is to use pca (http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/) or use the Solaris integrated smpatch.

Btw: this failure is documented in Note "908334 - SAP relevant patches for Solaris 10 on x64".

Markus

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>This is the exact same combination we tried also - and failed.

>

>There are two solutions:

>

> * upgrade your system to a higher base release than 08/07 (you can download 05/08 for free on >http://www.sun.com/solaris and do an upgrade so you won't loose your configuration)

you are right... but generaly I use updatemenager and it seam to be OK, I check several time and no new patches are available with updatemanager. No errors. Generaly it works fine. I check again without updatemenager from command line and I see that there are several patches are not applied. Oh my God. I try to applied patches manualy and this works fine. After I try pca to apply all other missing patches.

Strange.

Now sapint works fine.

> * install at least kernel patch 127112-05 (or higher) and dependent patches. The easiest way to do that is to >use pca (http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/) or use the Solaris integrated smpatch.

Cool tool, really nice. I try it for first time... really good.

Thank you.

Ganimede Dignan.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Solaris smpatch did really never work for me. I got all kinds of strange errors depending on what patch was installed, exceptions in /var/adm/messages and other really weird behaviour.

Pca seems to be a better choice (for me) - it just works

Markus

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>The Solaris smpatch did really never work for me. I got all kinds of strange errors depending on what patch was >installed, exceptions in /var/adm/messages and other really weird behaviour.

I will never use it.

>Pca seems to be a better choice (for me) - it just works

Ya.

Bye.

Ganimede Dignan.

Answers (0)