Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Settings, Automatic Email at status change of messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need your help about this:

I am configuring Service Desk Specific Scenario Settings -> Automatic Email at status change.

I made the configuration suggested as described SAP Note 691303. Also I configured the status profile SLFN0001 in transaction DNO_CUST01, and the Action profile SLFN0001_STANDARD, both for the SLF1 (Service basis message), but still when we change the status of messages, the email is not generated in SCOT, overview of send orders.

I want to clarify that the configuration made for the action of send email was in transsaction SPPFCADM, selected DNO_NOTIF, and push Define Action Profile and Actions, then selected the Action profile SLFN0001_STANDARD for making he ocnfiguration as suggested in note 691303.

SCOT is correctly configured and working OK.

Business partners emails are mantained too.

Thank you very much.

Hector Longarte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hector -

Is your Solution Manager system on 3.2 or 4.0 / 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SolManiac.

The SAP Solution Manager version is 7.0.

Thanks in advance.

Hector Longarte

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The configuration we are talking about and you want to change, is it regarding SLFN (Service Desk Messages) or SLF1 (Basis Service Message)?

The scenario you described is a bit confusing. Usually you customize and work on Service Desk/Support Messages (SLFN) and the Basis Service Message (SLF1) remains untouched.

So did I get you right? You want to send an aut. email notification when status of SLF1 changes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Thanks to all of you for your comments. I am answering to your questions below:

Have you assign proper partner function to every status in action?

I do not know where can I make this assigment. I am thinking that this may be the cause. Please I kindly ask you to give me orientation about this.

Have you defined condition for defined action?

Yes, the condition was defined thru SPPFCADM. Now, I wonder if this must be configured for CRM_ORDER application as described in note 691303, or for DNO_NOTIF ??

Have you maintained user deatils on identification tab in BP?

Yes, the Business partners and emails adresses were correctly mantained.

The configuration we are talking about and you want to change, is it regarding SLFN (Service Desk Messages) or SLF1 (Basis Service Message)?

I supose that for Service desk messages we must configure SLFN, and not SLF1. Right?

In DNO_CUST01, we have SLF1. We have not made any configuration in DNO_CUST04, it is still as original standard. Please let me know if we are right.

You want to send an aut. email notification when status of SLF1 changes?

We want to send email notifications to the message creator about the status change of service desk messages.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Hector Longarte.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

The issue is already solved. The email is automatically sent to the message creator once the status of the messages has changed. I just have got to change the Action profile in the IMG activity: Assign Action profile to the business transaction type, and the configuration suggested in SAP note 691303 worked ok.

Now I wonder how can I change the content of the message, because it has an attached PDF file with the text:

One of your activities is overdue.

Number: 9999000051

Description: <Original description of the Service desk message...>

Please do not respond to this mail, as it was automatically generated.

Best Wishes - System Administration

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Hector Longarte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend.

These contents are coming from the standard smartform

Actually the action which you have created is calling a smartform which is standard.

Can check by selecting the action and clicking processing parameters.

Please ask any abaper to create a Zsmartform and he can fetch whatever fields you want from the ticket for email contents

Once the zsmartform is created assign that to your action in processing parameter inplace of standard.

This is easy for any abaper just let him know ur requirements.

This will solve ur issue.Pls assign pts.

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Sep 2, 2008 6:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hector.

To change the content of the message, goto transaction SMARTFORMS and copy CRM_REMINDER_MAIL_01 to a customer name space (for instance Z_MAIL_TO_CREATOR_01) and edit to your needs.

In the action profile definition select the appropriate profile, select the (mail) action definition and switch to processing types. Now assign Z_MAIL_TO_CREATOR_01 instead of CRM_REMINDER_MAIL_01

Hope this helps.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hector,

I'm working at Solution Manager 7.0 SP16

I'm reading these days your thread, because I've the same problem that you had.I'm following spro transaction, and SAP Note 691393. I am configuring Service Desk Specific Scenario Settings -> Automatic Email at status change, too.

I've checked:

- SCOT is correctly configured and working OK.

- Business partners emails are mantained.

I made the configuration suggested as described SAP Note 691303 SAP Tutor. Following SAP Tutor I go to transaction sppfcadm->select crm_order->botton "define action profile and actions"->Action Profile(left view) and SLFN0001_ADVANCED(right view)->mode change->new entry... I follow the next slides at SAP Tutor.

At the end, when I check results, I go to the support message (transaction crm_dno_monitor) to edit-> Fast Entry->service process->status->In process and I press button save. So I go to Transaction data->Actions but any about the send mail action

Please could you help me??

Thanks and Regards

Raul Aguilar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hector,

Have you assign proper partner function to every status in action?

Have you defined condition for defined action?

Have you maintained user deatils on identification tab in BP?

Kindly confirm me all above.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hector,

In solman 7.0 the transaction type is SLFN for messages

You can cross check this customizing by dno_cust04( transaction code.) i.e setting for transaction type

Here double click process type and check if it is SLFN.

Which standard.

now if you have here SLFN configured then goto

spro assign transaction type and check for the action Profile which is assigned.

Standard is SLFN_ADVANCED here you have to create the zmailing actions to solve your purpose.

Please revert and assign pts if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hector,

when no error message appears and no log is written in the action tab then - I suppose - there is no email adress for the business partner maintained.

Please check this.

Kind regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hector,

Is the action firing? If so please post the error details from the Action tab.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason.

There is no error message displayed.

I think that there is not about an error but about configuraton details about what Action and Status profiles must be used.

Thanks in advance

Hector Longarte