cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRBACKUP failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

We have this weird situation in that every 2nd day (sort of... sometimes 2 days in a row, sometimes a few days apart, but regular), the rest of the time the backup completes without any problems- where our Solution Manager Backup fails with the following:

BR0130I Backup device type: disk

BR0106I Files will be saved on disk in directory: /oracle/PSM/orabackup/bdyrgedt

BR0289I BRARCHIVE will be started at the end of processing

BR0134I Unattended mode with 'force' active - no operator confirmation allowed

BR0252E Function mkdir() failed for '/oracle/PSM/orabackup/bdyrgedt' at location BrDirCreate-1

BR0253E errno 13: Permission denied

Can anyone please shed some light on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan

I think some third party tool is causing the interruptions for the backup, please check whenever the backup has failed what are the applications that are running in the background on OS level, DB level.

Regards

Kaleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

BR0252E Function mkdir() failed ...

Check if the operating system user who is running brbackup has write permission to directory /oracle/PSM/orabackup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

yes, it does have permission, here is the same log for the next day (absolutely no changes were made, it failed on the first day (above) and succeeded the next day (this one)

BR0130I Backup device type: disk                                                  
BR0106I Files will be saved on disk in directory: /oracle/PSM/orabackup/bdyrlbyy  
BR0289I BRARCHIVE will be started at the end of processing                        
BR0134I Unattended mode with 'force' active - no operator confirmation allowed    
BR0370I Directory /oracle/PSM/orabackup/bdyrlbyy created                          
BR0202I Saving init_ora                                                           
BR0203I to /oracle/PSM/orabackup/PSM ...                                          

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, strange...

Do you see any differences in the job protocols in DB13C on the solution manager, e.g. different parameters in the call of brbackup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no big differences, the jobs were scheduled everyday, and repeated every week, so i will give you an overview:

Week 1:

Mon - Work

Tues - Work

Wed - Fail

Thur - Work

Fri - Fail

Week 2:

Mon - Fail

Tues - Fail

Wed - Work

Thur - Work

Fri - Work

and so the pattern seems to be random between days that it does work, and days that it doesn't

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you specify your os, sap, db version and also the kernel patch level?

I think this is due to kernel patch is not upgraded to latest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Details below:

OS Version: 2.6.9-67.ELsmp

Database: ORACLE

DB version: 10.2.0

SAP kernel release (release 700, patch level 149)

Do you need any more information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please also chech the OS event viewer at the time of error occuring.

You can upgrade to kernel patch to 159. Then delete old jobs in db13 and reschedule it again.

Hope it may help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

a few more thoughts:

When it fails:

Is it always Function mkdir() failed ?

Or others failures as well?

Is there another process running in directory /oracle/PSM/orabackup at the same time, e.g. a process that is saving the directory to tape? Or maybe even a process that unmounts filesystems?