cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excise invoice and domestic invoice sharing same number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,gurus,my question is addresed to the sap cin gurus

Scenario:-- Normally sap has provided provisions that the domestic invoice and the excise for the export will have different number range object

Transaction-snum or snro(As per the rule the no range has to be approved by excise authorities)

Requirement:--The present requirement of the client is that as per their requirement they will be using the same excise number range both for domestic and the export(They have got the approval from the excise department as per the amendment,that specifies the same)

so i request you to pls guide me as how can it be done in sap that two different business process will share the same number range.

as per my knowledge local excise number range is-J_1IEXCLOC

and for exports is-J_1IEXCEXPand the both will use the same number range and,suppose 1 local invoice is created and say if the no is 1,then if the export excise invoice is created the number will be 2,pls guide me how is it possible that the same number range should be used.

Thanks in advance---Anshuman chakraborty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anshuman

Do not maintain Numbers for the Object: J_1IEXCEXP. Instead maintain only for J_1IEXCLOC

When you go into J1IIN, you will need to mark the checkbox : [Use Local Number] and proceed for exports. This will be your continuation number for both Domestic and Export Excise Invoice.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,Thanks for attention towards the issue,but still i need to clarify some details-

the number range forJ_1IEXCLOC are already configured .It is not the case like i have to configure it for the first time however ,so the issue remains how shall i proceed in this case

Sir,i have already checked the transaction j1iin,it does not give any such box to check the-use local no range

infact the error message which the system was throwing to the user that-number range object not assigned for Object: J_1IEXCEXP.

The question remains from my side is what are the complete configuration steps I need to do ,to make the check box appear so as to select-use local number range,and is there any thing to be conveyed to my developer,so that the same appears,

or is it the case like the anything should earlier have been done before the number range for J_1IEXCLOC was created.i would request u to pls guide me giving the complete details of the step to be followed.

Thanks in advance

Anshuman chakraborty

Former Member
0 Kudos

dearsir,thank u for the reply it had the solution

many many thanks,

regards,

anshuman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anshuman,

could you please share what you did to get the same no.range for both export and domestic excise invoices ,now i am facing the same issue.

Thanks in Advans

Gana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i got the solution, i find the check box in the creation mode and checked the option, even though we maintained number range for object J_1IEXCEXP(Export) its its picking the continued number of Domestic excise number(taking from J_1IEXCLOC).

Dear Laxmipathi,

I really thankful to you.

Br

Gana

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is always better to remove the number series maintained for J_1IEXCEXP(Export). Lakshmipathi has clearly mentioned that. The problem will be when the user doesnt check the checkbox, then the document will be created in the export number seires.

Regards,

GSL.

0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathy,

Is there any possibility that the Check box of Use Local Number range comes automatically checked.

My collegue has a requirement to have same number ranges for local and export excise invoice.

Thanks

Girish S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi girish,

Did you get a solution to to get the tick automatically.

Regards,

Atul

Answers (0)