cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking issue in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have experienced a problem with a user locking a selection for another user in DP. The two users' selections are completely different in terms of CVC's (they are from 2 different business areas).

Have you experienced anything similar?

Best regards,

Anders Thinggaard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

In Planning Area , Locking Logic tab

check indicatory Key figure specific lock.

"Set this indicator if you want to lock data on a key figure basis."

Manish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thank you for all your answers. I will try to work it out based on your recommendations.

Br,

Anders

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please note that the Navigational Attributes shall not be used alone in the selection, it is necessary to have the base characteristic too.

Also please check if there are exclude conditions in the selection... the exclude condition is not taken into account for locking logic.

Also please go to the help.sap.com there you'll find details about the locking logics...

Regards,

luiz Giani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

To analyze the locking - in /SAPAPO/SDP94 main menu Goto -> Lock entries

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using navigational attributes in the selection id? What I am explaining could be quite surprising but it's true.

Particularly when you use navigational attributes, your selections need to have atleast one characteristic common.

Lets say my characteristics are :

material

plant

sales division

customer

navigational attributes are:

material type

material size

My CVCs are

materialplantsalesdivcustmat typ--mat size

M1--

P1--S1
C1
--MT1-----MS1

M2--

P2--S2
C2
--MT3-----MS2

If I make a selections like the below:

Selection1

Show materials

by plant =P1 and material type =MT1

and

Selection2

Show material size

by Customer =C2 and sales division = S2

Here the characteristics are different and also CVCs are also not common.

If you go into edit mode with either one of the selections, the system locks every other CVC in the system and no body else would be able to work.

If you make the selection2 like below instead,

Show material size

by Plant =P2 and sales division = S2

You are still getting to the same CVC as the selection2 but you have one characteristic plant common between these two selections and the system let's you work with both simultaneously.

This is the extra headache we have when dealing with navigational attributes in selections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

Navigational attributes ARE being used in both selection IDs, however one is common for both (Prod. Hierarchy 1). That is why I don't understand what's wrong...

BR,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

Few questions:

1. Is the Prod. Hierarchy 1 a characteristic (is it in POS) or a navigational attribute? The selections need a common characteristic. I remember that doesnot work even if the navigation attribute is comon.

2. Are you sure that the CVCs used in both the selections are mutually exclusive? I mean no common CVCs? In MC62, you can display the CVCs.

3. When you say Prod. Hierarchy 1 is common, it may not have the same value in both. The key is no CVC overlap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

Please see if you are using any of common characteristic between 2 selection has values in Range ( 1 to 100 ) or multiple values ( X1,X2,..etc ) or wild card...which will increase the scope of overlap and hence lock for update by second user...

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders.

Another anomoly when using Nav Atts that could be affecting you:

If I create a selection that is along the lines of:

Show-> Materials

That meet the following conditions:

NAV ATT -> NAV ATT Value

This will return a list of materials that have the Nav Att value. Very useful.

HOWEVER

If I 'select all' and load the materials into the data view (which users are often keen to do) in change mode. It locks out all materials, even those not returned by the selection.

If you go to lock entries at this point you will see against the material characteristic in the Upper Value a series of boxes.

This has been a big pain as far as I am concerned, so if anyone out there has a way around this then please tell me how.

regards, Mark.

Edited by: percx on Aug 28, 2008 7:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Try having another characteristic in the selection along with the navigational attribute. The system needs a little more details. Just navigational attributes are like wild cards for the system...too generic.