cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Inconsistency on MI Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MI 7.0 SP13 Client. I have deployed MAU3.0 and I am facing major Data Inconsistency Issues.

On Sync, it gives error - Problems during syncronization.

On the middleware, in Merep_mon, with my intervention, some of the queues are in finished and some in ignore state and this is the deadlock I have achieved for now.

I am thinking of following this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4c/7862a6642eab40ac7abf34e9048c93/frameset.htm

Following this I want to achieve an initial download of the whole data set.

This link talks about manually deleting the data files from the client and this is where I have some confusion.

There are a lot many files in the data folder in root MI folder. Shall I delete everything in it? Or what exactly is to be deleted?

And what happens if I choose - Refresh Replica Database - as suggested in that link without deleting any data from the client?

(And will this be a good option, if I uninstall the application and reinstall it again and then Sync for the data - I think it should work but I dont want to follow this path for now)

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

the initial question is: why do you have anything in ignore state?

As long as you can sync and the sync does not give major exceptions, you can follow the path and delete the local dataset with the button on the settings screen. This will give you a complete new dataset from the middleware.

If you get an exception with every sync you do, then you can either reinstall the device or delete the files. Well, try to delete the files and play a little with it, you get the feeling about the correct files soon. But as I said: as long as you can sync and just have data inconsistency between backend and lcient - you can reset the client persistence form the settings screen of MI. But again: why do you have this? It must be a major problem in ypur enhancements then, cause normal MAM does not have these issues in normal case!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver