cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Incomplete due to Material Configuration issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends -

I am trying to execute a Make-to-Order scenario.

1. I have created a Product(Material Type - FERT). Item Category and Item Category Group 0004. It is not a configurable material (Configurable indicator is unchecked).

2. Created a BOM (Universal) for that product with a Raw Material Component.

3. Created a Routing for the Product with an operation.

4. Now I want to create a Sales Order (Order Type OR) for the material. While checking the Incompletion Log of the Order it is giving message that

: Configuration not possible for material xxxxxx : Reason 3 --> Help

Message no. V1360

Diagnosis

This may have been caused by one of the following:

1. The configuration profile for the material allows or requires the bill of materials to be exploded during order processing. However, a plant has not been specified in the item.

2. The configuration profile of the material allows or requires the bill of materials to be exploded during order processing, but the order quantity in the item must be greater than 0.

3. A configuration profile has not been maintained

or

A configuration is not permitted for the material

or

4. The configuration profile of the material allows or requires the bill ofmaterials to be exploded during order processing. However, the system could not determine a date because important data is missing from the item (see incompletion log).

Since the material is not configurable the above message should not come, but I could not solve this Incompletion log point.

Pls let me know how to solve this.

Also how do I explode the BOM from sales order and check the material components assigned to the BOM for the product?

My aim is to carryout MRP for the sales order and do the raw materials planning for the raw material component and Production planning for the Product.

Appreciate your help.

Purnendu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your error is:

"3. A configuration profile has not been maintained

or

A configuration is not permitted for the material"

As is clearly noted - if you are trying to create a BOM which explodes during the order creation, you need to use a different material type (KMAT), with configurable material (Item Category 0002).

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sowmya - Thanks a lot for your reply.

You are right when the material type is KMAT. In that case I need to maintain a configuration profile for the material. That will help me to configure the material in the sales order.

In my case the material is a standard Finished product(FERT). It is not a configurable material. I have not checked the Configurable Material indicator in the Material master data.

Therefore It should not ask for configuration profile.

I am looking for simple Make to Order scenario with BOM Components with Routing.

The process flow I want to execute - Correct me if I a wrong

1. Create a Sales Order for a Finished Product (Product should have a BOM for Production)

2. Do the product Materials Planning for the Sales Order through MD50

3. Get all the dependent material requirements (both for products as Planned Order and also for BOM Components - all the BOM components should also be planned)

4. Convert Planned Order for Product to Production Order

5. Convert Planned Orders for BOM components to Purchase Requisition

6. Confirm Production Order

I will appreciate if you can validate the above process flow and guide me to execute the same in the system.

Pls help me on configuring the system and setting up the materials and related master data for the same.

Thanks in advance

Purnendu

Answers (0)