cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generation of alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have some critical actions and critical confilcting actions.I want to create alerts if anybody uses them.How to configure this?

Thanks in Advance,

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi joseph reddy ,

For creating the alerts at critical actions and critical conflicting actions , you have to execute background job for alert generation.

Steps for executing background job for critical actions and critical conflicting actions alerts are as follows:-

1-Go to configuration tab-->Background job.

2-Now, select Alert generation menu item.

3-On alert genaration page under Alert monitor you have to select generate action log checkbox along with system, now select Conflicting Action and Critical Action check box and define * in the Risk id text box for both actions and in alert notification select Conflicting Action and Critical Action check box which are available at the bottom of the page.

5 Click on schedule button.

after the completion of background job.

6-Go to Alert monitor tab-->Conflicting Action (for Conflicting action alerts) and Critical Action ( for critical alerts)

Regards,

Jagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagat,

Thank you for your answer.I did all the steps ,and i used that critical transaction in backend,still i did not get any alert.can you tell me where the problem can be?

joseph reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joseph,

First step to achieve this, before what Jagat explained would be to create Actions or permissions as critical.

Have you created/configured some as critical as yet or not? If not, please do so and then proceed as Mr. Singh has explained.

Foor example, you can make SAP_ALL as critical profile for sure. Then to check all users for this critical profile, just run the job, it will show you the derired results.

Ciao!!

Hersh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add more, please schedule this job periodically and try to execute those actions which you have set as crititcal........You shold get these alerts!

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hiresh,

Thanks for the reply.

I created one critical action,and i scheduled it in background,i used that transaction in backend .still i did not get any alert.

Thank you,

joseph.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly check whether the job ran successfully. If possible, in config tab, kindly check the logs for the same job.

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (0)