cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on MDM SP03 iViews for editing in EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem using the edit function in a SP03 MDM iView.

I have a ResultSet + ItemDetail iView for my main table and a ResultSet + ItemDetail iView for the lookup table. But when I try and edit a record, I can only edit the attributes in the main table, not the ones from the lookup table.

How can I join those iViews to be able to edit ALL attributes of one record?

Thanks alot!

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I guess you are referring "ALL attributes of one record" from the main table.

ALL attributes of one record are in main table. Field on main table uses lookup table as a source for list of valid possible values.

To edit the data of lookup table you will have to write separate iView. When the data in lookup table is changed, it automatically reflects in the main table so no need to change it in the main table.

If you change the value of field on main table that has type lookup, then there is no impact on lookup table.

I hope this helps.

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

thanks for your help. But I still can't solve my problem.

The repository looks like this:

the main table is 'Customer' and one look-up field ist 'bank account', which refers to the 'Bank account' lookup table.

While I can see the defined display fields of Bank account (account number and bank code) in my 'customer' iView, I can not edit them.

I made a second ResultSet and a second ItemDetail iView for the bank information. But when I try to edit or create a customer, I can only change the attributes in the main table, not the display fields of the lookup table.

Yet, when I want to create / edit a customer, I also may have to update his account information.

I thought about adding these fieds as attributes to the main table, but I have lots of additional information about the bank in the lookup table (like address, IBAN ...) so I don't want those to clog up my main table.

Is there a way the event of clicking 'edit' or 'create' in the main table iView can be somehow forwarded to the lookup table iView as well?

Thanks for helping.

Chris

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

If I understand it right. I guess you referring to Qualified Lookup table (Bank Details) and currently iViews do not support Qualified Lookup tables.

You can have data maintenance iView based on Bank Lookup table to create/update/delete bank details. And another iView to maintain Customer data where you can associate a bank to a Customer.

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

thanks for the clarification about the Qualified Lookup table, this was indeed my problem

I guess I'll have to wait for a future SP to have my updates all in one iView.

Thanks again,

Chris

Answers (0)