cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any performance impact on satellite systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our productive solution manager are setup to connect to all the ECC, XI & R/3 systems, as central monitoring system.

So far we only use Solman for monitoring & EWA, not even BPM is configured yet.

in SMSY, it's configured to use our XI SLD, to auto collect all the database, server & system data for solman system landscape.

My question is: If there is downtime on Solman system, will it have any performance (slow transaction) on satellite system, especially on my XI system (as solman access the XI SLD).

The reason I post this question here is: recently we have downtime for solution manager due to SP upgrade, during the downtime, we noticed there are a lot (thousand) IDOCs processing messages to R/3 system stucks in XI for 1 of our application. Users starting to make complaints, and we try to find the root cause in XI, in R/3 ... involve our basis guy & also XI admins, but no one able to find why.

By the time PSM is up (after 2-3 hours), ALL the stuck messages in XI are manage to clear/process at once. And until now, on one able to explain why. They are suspecting my solution manager system downtime has the impact on those satellite system.

Solman is setup to use PXI's SLD.

Anyone has feedback on this, is it coincidently, or ?

Please share if you have knowledge on this topic

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SLD is in our productive XI system.

in Solution manager's SMSY, we configured it to has auto system landscape maintenance using XI SLD. so I should say it's Solman that access XI's SLD, but not the other way.

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your description I would say it is pure coincidential.

When you configure Solution Manager for system monitoring and/or EWA, all Solution Manager does is to collect the relevant data from the sattelite systems. Just this.

So, when solution manager is not available there should be no reason for any impact on the sattelite systems side.

Also, from your description, I would say your XI is getting SLD information from Solution Manager. This is the only reason I could figure out that IDOCs are getting stucked in XI.

Is it possibel to ask your XI guys to recheck which SLD XI is using?

Regards

Valdecir