cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor incoming RFC message from R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have configured one new client in our R3 system.XI have a interface with that new client.

My XI scanario is , RFC>XI>File.We are getting RFC response from R3 and mapped to file structure.

My issue is,R3 has sent a message to XI,But XI has not received any.They are getting dump error in R3 system as " function module ******************************** is not found".

I have configured 2 RFC in R3 system( One R3 RFC destination to XI and one TCP/IP rfc destination in order to receive RFC data)They are working fine.And alos one RFC in XI system as well.

What is the issue here?

How to monitor incoming RFC message from R3 ?

Please explain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Plz do follow the below procedure:

Displaying Inbound and Outbound Messages

Choose this option if you want to determine which XML messages entered or exited the RFC adapter according to particular selection criteria. Proceed as follows:

1. Choose RFC Monitor.

2. Select XML messages by specifying a time and date the messages were created, or enter a specific message GUID to determine a specific message to be selected.

3. Choose Inbound and Outbound in the group box RFC (default).

4. Specify your selection criteria in the group box RFC.

Selection Criteria:

Selection Criterion

Entry

Transaction ID

Transaction ID in RFC adapter

System ID

Name of sender or receiver SAP component (for example, BCE)

RFC Destination

Logical destination of original RFC call from sender

Function module

Name of function module called

Client

Client in sender or receiver SAP component

5. Choose Execute.

The system sorts and lists the XML messages according to the time that they were created. Messages that were routed through as RFC calls are listed together and are identified by the same message ID (GUID).

Besides the specified selection criteria, the system also displays the function calls for each LUW (Logical Unit of Work).

It is extracted from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xi20sr1/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see one error message in ST22 in our XI logs.

The function module XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX was called.but cannot be found in function libraray.

Already I have imported that RFC in IR