cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I am developing an application on SAP WAS that has to connect to another application developed on JBoss. The communication is through point-to-point JMS. The application running on JBoss posts a message on a queue, which has to be captured by my application (SAP WAS). Ocassionally there will be some message posting the other way around. I am new to SAP WAS and JMS, and I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ignacio,

It is possible to use the SAP WAS JMS from a standalone java client. You just need to include the file sapj2eeclient.jar in your classpath.

So you could deploy it together with your application in JBoss as one big library, lookup the SAP JNDI and use the SAP JMS from it.

There are some limitations with that scenario :

for example you won't be able to enlist sending a JMS message in the same transaction as let's say an update of a CMP bean in JBoss. However, if your use case doesn't involve such complex scenarios, that is a solution.

Hope that helps

Peter

former_member184385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ignacio,

JMS queues are managed objects in a J2EE environment and as such

- they need to be retrieved by their JNDI names, before use

- their operations are transacted, similar to JDBC operations (local and distributed transaction semantics apply)

Acting as message receiver (the NW is processing a JBOSS message use case), you could use Message Driven Beans (MDBs for short), which have the nice property as being activated be an arriving message.

Connecting two App. Server through JMS means, both Servers have to support the used JMS broker. If your are forced to use different JMS brokers at both ends, you will need some kind of gateway functionality to bridge these to brokers.

These are just the major issues, you have to resolve, architecting your envisioned solution. Good luck!

Regards

Gregor