cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sample unit of measurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have assigned sampling procedure to my mic's in inspection plan.In that we have defined sampling unit of measure as Kg and sample size 1.

Base unit of measure of manufactured material is metric tonne(MT).

While doing UD in inspection lot stock tab, system shows sample unit of measure as MT while i have defined unit of measure Kg in master inspection characteristic.

What should be reason behind system showing unit of measure MT instead of Kg.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

As correctly said by Mr. Babu, the system will always represent the sample size in the Base Unit of Measurement for the material you have maintained in the material master. In you case the same thing is happening.

But it will calculate the sample size according to the Sample unit you have maintained to you MIC in the task list. So in your case....

The sample size is 1Kg

Base UOM is MT

Assume the conversion factor is 100Kg = 1MT

So it will calculate the sample size as 0.01MT and represent the same in the sample size for the inspection lot.

That's SAP STD and can't be changed.

The only thing you can do is raise an OSS.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

Thanks for your reply.Is it that we have to maintain conversion factor in Material Master in additional data view,because in our case the sample unit is still showing 1MT.in the inspection lot stock Tab in U.D(QA32).

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes dear Amit,

Otherwise I think you will be getting an message regarding the same. Aren't you??

Maintain the conversion factor for the same.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear shyamal,

In material master i have maintained conversion factor 1000kg=1MT. But still in UD screen the system shows sample size as 1MT. Is there any another setting that i am still missing.If any pls. revert back.Thanks.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Amit,

>

> As correctly said by Mr. Babu, the system will always represent the sample size in the Base Unit of Measurement for the material you have maintained in the material master. In you case the same thing is happening.

>

> But it will calculate the sample size according to the Sample unit you have maintained to you MIC in the task list. So in your case....

>

> The sample size is 1Kg

> Base UOM is MT

> Assume the conversion factor is 100Kg = 1MT

>

> So it will calculate the sample size as 0.01MT and represent the same in the sample size for the inspection lot.

>

> That's SAP STD and can't be changed.

>

> The only thing you can do is raise an OSS.

>

> Regards,

> Shyamal

Hi Amit,

Here in QA11 (UD Screen) also the same concept will be applicable. You will not get quantity in the Base UOM only. But yes the quantity will be calculated as per the Alt UOM.

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

In Inspection stock tab unit of measurement will show during Goods receipt which unit of measurement your using.

For your case your using during goods receipt (MT).

And also check what is the default unit of measurement in Material Master Basic Data1 it may be (MT). This is also one of the reason.

But your using Kg in sampling unit, it will only used for to calculate sample size for your inspection.

For any query revert.

Regards,

S.Babu