cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilevel BOM explosion in SNP hueristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

Can multilevel BOM's be exploded in SNP hueristic ? Say I have a multi level BOM where a phantom assembly exists.

Main level BOM should be exploded at Location L1 and next level, say a component from this BOM explosion has a phantom assembly that should be exploded in vendor location L2

Is this possible ?

Is the same possible in MRP run too ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pat,

It is very much possible...you need to make sure that procurement type in product master is defined as "F" in both location ( Vendor L2 and L1 )..also have valid transportation lane define between the 2 locations..

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks for your ideas and experiences. I do appreciate your time in replying back.

Abishek,

As you mentioned that Multilevel BOM can be exploded in MRP too, my scenario is little different where a BOM needs to be maintained in vendor location.

I believe R/3 doesn't have the option to create a location type as Vendor ? IsN'T that right ?I know APO has this option.

Say IF i create a Vendor lcoation as any other plant in R3, then I believe MRP shouldn't have any problem exploding the multi level BOM. do u agree ?

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

You use this function to determine the low-level codes of location products before running heuristic-based planning in SNP. The low-level code specifies the BOM level and supply chain location at which a location product is situated

Please look at the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/5b/4789bbf49e1340b7723acbf5d6a08a/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat ,

You can plan multilevel bom through Network (Heuristic) ( /SAPAPO/SNP01)

To include all BOM components of the selected products

during planning,set the "Take into account found components

in planning run indicator". The system then also plans the dependent

demand for the products.

You can found this indicator on :SAPAPO/SNP01.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pat,

Multilevel BOms can be very well planned using SNP heuristics. We need to use the "Multilevel" heuristics to accomplish this feature.

Prod P1, Loc L1

Prod P2, Loc L2 Prod P3, Loc l3

Prod P4 Loc L3 Prod P5 Loc L5

consider P1@L1 consists of P2 @ L2 and P3@L3.

P2@L2 consists of P4@l3.

When we run multilevel heuristics the system runs the heuristics by exploding the Bom From P1 to P4 and P5.

The same functionality can be accomplished in MRP.

Ensure that all material/locations are maintained in APO.