cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle errors in a file at sender side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done a file to proxy scenario.

I know how to handle errors on proxy.

But on sender side when picking the file if one the record have worng fomat its throwing mapping error and its not processing any record..

I wanted to process the records which have right format and data and all remaining recrods which have wromg format should be send back to the sender as file.

How to do this.

How to handle error in sender file.

Regards

Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this might be helpful:

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sowmya,

In your scenario Three ways you can validate the data.

1) Before the data reaches into SAP system ie in XI system during Mapping or before mapping i,e in Adapter Module in the Sender side

2) this option, is in the receiver applications side. ie. Validations will be taken care in the SAP system i.e in ABAP server proxy code.

3)Through BPM, If Mapping Exception Occures then through exception Branch you can send bad formate file to sender again.

Generally, it is prefer to more business critical validations in the Application System ie Receiver Application System (ABAP Server Proxy)

In this, you can have more flexibility of the validations as you are validating some of the SAP payroll informations as Personal ID etc.

Based on the complexity and flexibility of the requirement, you can either do this in the XI (if XI, ie Sender Adapter Module or Mapping) or in the ABAP proxy

Thanks'

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

U can check the format and data once ur adapter picks up the file in mapping itself. Write an UDF and pass whole message to that UDF now check the content in UDF if its wrong then supress that record otherwise generate it.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope this can be done at mapping level..

what is your actual requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using any BPM in your scenario, so that you can capture the error record and process the rest.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to do this with BPM. Could any one please let me know explain with an example

regards

sowmya