cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating SWCV in SLD for downloaded repository objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to download some SRM xi content from market place, but i guess on download i get the tpz files for repository,

my concern is, if i import these tpz files into the repository, what are the prerequisites?

1. do i need to have these SWCV already in the SLD?

2. how will i create the SWCV in the SLD?

please help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudeep,

To import .tpz file in XI you have to put that .tpz file in import directory of your integration server.

D:\usr\sap\PP7\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\import

Then from IR go into Tools->import

It will show all the .tpz ready to import, select the desired and then import.

Here PP7 is my client it may be XI3.0 also for XI3.0

When you will import .tpz file in IR you will find the software component in IR for that .tpz file.

But as of PI 7.0 the SWC will not be created in SLD but you have to create it.

IN PI 7.1 we have concept of autosynchronization between SLD & IR.

Not creating SWC in IR will not cause problem at Run time but you will be in trouble at Run Time.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil, thanks for the reply,

i m on PI7.0,

i have a query,

if i import all tpz in Repository, i will get the the SWCV in repository,

do u want to say, i have to manually create the SWCV in SLD,

but i think it should be the other way round,

what we do for customized SWCV, we first create it in the SLD, then we import it in the repository and start making namespaces....

but in this case....if i import the tpz, i ll have SWCV in the repository, now if i create the same SWCV in the SLD manually (copying the name as it appears in the repository), there can be conflict in the GUID of the SWCV,

what i know is GUID of a SWCV (in SLD), is same as object ID of SWCV in the repository...correct me if i m wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

there must be the tpz of design component (IR objects ), based on that you have to configure it in ID.

so you can create your own SLD obj. accordingly,

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nithyanandam,

u mean downloded tpz file, should be deployed through SDm,

so u mean by that way, SWCV will be automatically created in SLD, can u tell me the detailed procedure of doing so (i mean deploying those tpz files in XI), or can u provide me the link of some document,

Hi netweaver_expert

<<so you can create your own SLD obj. accordingly>>, do u mean i need to create the SWCV in the SLD manually, but in this way, there will be conflict with the GUID of the SWCV-in SLD and in the repository

Edited by: sudeep dhar on Aug 28, 2008 10:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The downloaded SRM content from the market place need to be deployed using SDM, then once deployed you wil get the swcv automatically created in the IR. it is similar to the standard BASIS component which you deploy in SDM.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam