Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address getting truncated in SOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a vendor Whose email address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And is recorded as such in their master record

But when the remittance is forwarded to SAP Connect (SOST) the email address is shortened

The email remittance is not being received by the vendor (and never has been).

Please Help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So this problem started after SP's or this problem was there since beginning.

Well I had similar or related problem after support packs on ECC6 and when upgraded to stack 12.

We had an internal user called as "abc" responsible for the sending and recieving the mail out of SAP system and had the email address abc - xxx.com.

This user had an entry under TRNX SCOT-Inbound distribution and this entry was also there.SAP suggested to create new recipient entry add the SID before domain name as abc-SID.xxx.com.So I had two entries for same user abc as

abc - xxx.com and abc -SID.xxx.com

And all our problems got resolved.I will definitely go back to our OSS messages and check the solution SAP provided and update you if possible.

Good Luck.

Hope this helps

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will try the method suggested by you. Also can you please send me the solution from OSS messages. thanks

Regards

Venkata

Edited by: venkata chodagam on Aug 29, 2008 4:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the release you are working at.?

Have you applied recently any SP's in your system?

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes we did apply support packs(From level 6 to Level 12). Its ECC6.

Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how long is the original e-mail.... I think i read something about problems with mails longer than 40 characters, also check if the address has special characters...

If the problem is with special characters read SAP Note 1016127 - SMTP mail: Error when addresses have special character

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The email address has more than 40 characters and it has no special characters. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same problem and there was no SAP solution.

We had to ask the recipient to create a new shorter email address...

It would be nice from SAP to correct this length limitation.

Regards,

Olivier