cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN - no consolidation system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. I've created my project, and click on "create task list" and i get the error "The project is not released. Hence cycle can not be created.". When i go to the log it states that there is no consolidation system. Now, i have 2 ECC 6.0 systems set up.... one for dev and one for qa... i do not have a prod system. This is simply for testing.

Any help on this error? Thanks in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Margo,

Just create the production system in you SMSY transaction as a planned system. Then configure all you need for your project as you have 3 system landscape, taking care of the QAS system being defined as the consolidation system.

IF this does not work, please provide us with all steps you performed up to the point you receive the message.

Regards,

Valdecir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have redone my landscape now. I have EE4 (an ECC 6.0 system)... with a consolidation route to EE5 (an ECC 6.0 system)... and then a delivery route to my SM3 system. I'm using this as a dummy system to act as a production system since my landscape is really only a 2 tier system. However, now i have the following error when refreshing my project.

Any help is appreciated!

Margo

Message from function module /TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONSISTENCY: No export system for SM3-200

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TRACK_N159

Diagnosis

System SM3-200 is to be changed in a Solution Manager project, but no system in the system landscape exports transport requests which are imported into this system.

System Response

If a task list has already been generated for this Solution Manager project, you cannot use it. It is automatically locked.

You can unlock the task manually by activating it with the 'Status' pushbutton in the task list, but you must first resolve the error.

There are several possible reasons for this error:

The transport paths may not have been created correctly in TMS (Transport Management System). Go to the transaction STMS in the system which contains the domain controller, and check and correct the transport paths.

You are in the system containing the domain controller so:

Go to the transaction STMS in the system SM3-200. Choose 'System Overview'. Find your system with its transport domain in the 'Domain' column. The Icon Legend (pushbutton) shows the icons for the Domain Controller. Search in systems with the same domain for a system with this icon in the 'TYPE' column, and logon to it.

You can change the transport paths with the 'Transport Paths' push button in the transaction STMS. Choose 'Distribute and Activate' after saving.

The role assignment in your Solution Manager project may be incorrect. A system in which transport requests are created and released (development or maintenance system) must have the type system role 'source System'.

Go to the 'System Landscape' tab and 'Systems', in the project definition in the transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. Choose 'System Role Assignment' and 'Edit System Roles'. The development or maintenance systems must be of type 'Source System'. If you make changes, go to the 'System Landscape' tab and the 'Change Requests' tab, and refresh the project landscape for Change Request Management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margo,

I think your issue is the lack of a proper landscape. You believe you need a dev, qa, and prod of the same system type (i.e. ECC) for the default CRM workflow to work. I think having a dev and qa with a system type ECC and a production with a system type of Solution Manager is adding complexity and makes it harder to troubleshoot.

SAP recommends setting up three dummy Solution Manager clients (dev, qa, and prod) to get your configuration working and tested and then you can add the real systems to it.

The way you are doing it now makes it hard to troubleshoot, especially through a forum.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Thank you with your help for this.

By sol man dummy clients, do you mean actual clients that are residing on your sol man system? Or are you referring to virtual systems? I assume you mean the former? beacuase so far, a virtual system has not worked for my prod system, but I could be doing something incorrectly.

Thank you!

Margo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margo,

Yep, I mean real SolMan clients. You can blow them away later. Let's say you configure in 001. Then you create 100, 200, and 300 for dev, qa, and prod. Add them to your TMS with client specific transport routes, add them to your system landscape, assign the systems their roles, set up the RFCs, have a maintenance project that has them as a logical component, create your IMG project for the dev system, activate ChaRM for the project and then do the ChaRM config check on that project. If it passes, create a change request for the dummy production client and you should be able to go through the workflow of making changes in dev, testing in qa and importing it into prod. After you know everything is setup right, you can start using your real systems.

regards,

Jason

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margo,

do a search for "Hence", in the SolMan forum, the top 5 deal with your issue.

I think you'll need to have a production system. I don't have any idea how you could get ChaRM to work without it.

regards,

Jason