Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1..I created a technical system for my SAP system in the

Technical Landscape of SLD.But i gave all dummy

values.none of the values was real. Still it created

the technical system. Till now i used to think that at

the time of creating the technical system, the SLD

will check for the physical existence of the systems.

But the above trial proved that my assumption is

wrong. Can any one please tell me at which point of

time does XI check for the validity of existence of the

systems.

2. Also can any one please tell me as to in what cases i

need a business system...because some blogs i read

that in a idoc-file scenario there is no need to

create a business system..before reading this blog

i used to think that for every scenario i need to

create business systems for the systems invovled in

the communication.....please tell me in what cases i

do need to create business systems.

thanks in advance

pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pavan

For your first doubt....

If you are configuring an SAP System as a Technical system, Then it will definitely check its Physical existance and will not allow you to create a technical system without its physical existance....

But in case you are creating a tchnical system for your third Party Product, It wont check its physical existance...

For Your Second Doubt.....

Check out this link, Here i Have explained the deiffernce between between Business System and Business Service

And as far as ur File to IDOC is concerned...

Its very much true that you dont need to create a business system if u are sending an IDOC from an SAP system to XI. In this case what we do is, we use half ALE Scenario. From the One End we Send the IDOC by doing ALE Settings, and once we recieve the IDOC on the Integration Server (XI), After that for this we can configure our File adapter to write a file of this on some FTP server....

Hope it clears ur doubt, otherwise do revert back..

RGDS

Mithlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mithlesh,

<i>If you are configuring an SAP System as a Technical system, Then it will definitely check its Physical existance and will not allow you to create a technical system without its physical existance</i>

i created the technical system for an sap instance only.....but still it got created..

n ur link was too helpfull to me...

but guyz...i am noit able to find the reward points radio buttins.....i logged in..but still could not find it

--

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is in regards to question # 2.

This had many discussions on forums,

Business system: They physically exist,

Business Service: You donot know the exact systems, hence assign a service.

See the replies in the thread.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Can any one please tell me at which point of

time does XI check for the validity of existence of the

systems?</i>

The check is only done for SAP systems, for Third party systems you can use virtual system names. However, at configuration time you will need to provide "real" details about every system referenced from the SLD.

<i>please tell me in what cases i

do need to create business systems.</i>

You ALWAYS need to create business systems/services. The only difference ids when/where you create them e.g. you can opt to create a business system directly on the SLD or you can create the business system at configuration time from the integration builder - directory.

Cheers,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi roberto,

thanx for ur reply..

but i still have one doubt..

i created the technical system for an SAP system only...still it sucessfully created the technical system..

so now what i assume is

" In SLD what ever information that we enter about the landscape is never checked. The real check will happen only at the design/configuration time."..Is this correct.?

Hi anirbhan..

thanks for ur reply

that was a very usefull link

thanks a lot

but guyz i dont find any link from which i can give reward points...how do v give reward point to the replies..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks and fells great that i was helpful

you get small radio buttons on the left with different colors for points award for helpful answers,

You need to be logged in.

cheers,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>" In SLD what ever information that we enter about the landscape is never checked. The real check will happen only at the design/configuration time."..Is this correct.?</i>

Pavan, your assumption is not totally correct. If your SLD has a direct connection (by means of a SLDBRIDGE) to the SAP systems in your landscape, then the systems will register themselves with your SLD. Otherwise, i.e. if you manually insert/create systems, the information provided in SLD will be partially (client, SID, etc) checked in SLD.

Cheers,

Roberto

Message was edited by: Roberto Viana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi roberto,

thankx for ur reply..

what is this SLDBRIDGE....

i manually created the technical system n it got created without any problem....i gace all dummy values for client details, instance number and host names.

still it was created

my point is wont the SLD do any check while creating a tech.system for an SAP system.

--

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

<i>

my point is wont the SLD do any check while creating a tech.system for an SAP system</i>

No, SLD doesnt check at the time of creation.As you say you can enter any number of dummy systems with dummy values.

For your SAP system, in design if you try to import any RFC/IDOC, then the validation of the system is made from the client and system you give with that in the SLD.

In your Configuration if you use an RFC or IDOC adapter when you mention your credentials and system name, during runtime these values are checked , connected or error is thrown accordingly.

Cheers,

Rashmi