cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock PI objects at customer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

apart from locking SWC, ( making objects not modifiable ) is there any other way to lock PI objects permenantly before giving it to customer?

regards,

venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is the only way...

apart from this, u can give the user only - read only/display access for him, not to modify anything.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

you mentioned we can give read only access apart from locking SWC?

How do we give read only access to the customer?

Regards,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Pls go through this..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2d/198c37bf76454aa4058d8af3d806ab/frameset.htm

might help you..

Thanks,

kumar.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

This is already discussed in this threads:

Please go through them.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I want to prevent development objects being edited at customer. hence option of creating users with roles doesnt arise.

I would like to lock the objects before deploying at customer place so that customer cannot edit objects.

regards,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restrict the roles of u r costumer user for Monitoring only.

Provide the below roles , so that he cannot change u objects.

Below roles r used to monitor only.

Goto SU01 ->User ID ..Under the roles tab giev the below roles.

SAP_XI_MONITOR_ABAP

SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE

"Award points if helpful"

Regards,

Jayasimha jangam

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat

I am assuming you are developing the components in your system and delivering it to the customer. In that case, while importing the software component, you can mark the objects as 'Not Original' which will prevent the customer from making the changes. This is something similar to the objects under the SAP_BASIS software component version.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/ed903cf6c4492ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I don't think you can lock the objects if they were developed in the customer system to start with though.

Thanks

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

well if we uncheck both the boxes for "objects are modifiable" and "objects are original objects",

the client can logon, make the check boxes checked and change in MM or some other part of IB.

I would like to restrict client from editing any developement objects.

Is it possible?

regards,

Venkat.