cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS level command before message processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am getting the files from the SFTP server through the shell script and expecting to be processed by my File sender adapter.

I have configured my File adapter which will poll the directory into which the shell script gets the file and it is scheduled at say 60 sec duration and i had configured OS level command before message processing.

But when i monitored my communication channel and also my directory I found out that its not executing the OS level command. I tried dropping the dummy file into the directory. This time when checked in comm channel monitoring, it executes the OS level command and gets the file from the SFTP server and adapter polls the SFTP file as well. But i don't want to use dummy file each time.

Is there any way by which we can always make adapter to execute OS level command. I tried various options like Process Empty files etc etc but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

regards

rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OS level command does not get called if no file is present for adapter

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev

How about placing a dummy file of 0 bytes, setting up the 'Handling of Empty Files = Don't create message', Processing mode = 'Test' and then writing a post operating command script as well, to move all the files to archive directory except the dummy file.

Not a clean solution but just a thought.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e1/69a740aa053a13e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i place any dummy file i am sure the OS command will get called but I want to execute the same everytime adapter polls the folder which i suppose it is not doing.

My idea of OS command Before message processing was it will execute the OS command everytime it polls but it seems it is creating everytime it creates any of the message.

regards

rajeev

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to run OS command after pasting file then you have to check option "after message processing".As once your file reaches the Directory, the channel would Run the batch command.

Thanks