cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Signatures in xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've been asked to estimate my time on something I have no idea on how to accomplish the task. So if you know anything about xMII and electronic signatures - please respond.

Does anyone have experience with implementing electronic signatures in MII?

Was there anything that needed to be done? How long did it take to implement?

Thank you,

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never implemented but have read about it. For a start:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Electronic_Signature/Electronic_Signature_Integratio...

Apart from the link above there is some more information in MII help both for 11.5 as well as 12.0.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the responses. I need to do a second verification. I'll work on the BLS.

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Torque information will be entered into an SQL database from the line. Once the data is saved, a popup window will appear for entering in the password.

The part I'm not sure about is the electronic signature.

0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Are they looking for someone to approve the data or are they simply trying to link the data to a specific person. If the second, then use the session variable

{IllumLoginName}  

in your web page and pass that through to the database at the time of data loading. You can probably figure out a way for that to be an approval method as well.

Good luck,

Mike

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michelle,

Look at the help docs that Uday pointed you to. The beauty of the iCommand applet with a display template is the modal dialog prompts that it provides to have one or two levels of user re-authorization BEFORE running your SQL INSERT query template. The user prompt(s) prevents someone from walking up to a workstation and potentially doing a task they were not supposed to do (shared workstation), and for critical situations having another user or supervisor confirm with their credentials too.

This is essentially the 'electronic signature' and you'll see this information in the Logs - who did what and when. If you need to do additional logic with the request you can extend the effort through a BLS transaction and auto-binding in the XacuteConnector (some of the info in the help talks about this).

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Can you explain your requirement in detail?

Regards,

Gaurav