cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong RFC-response filling with characters '#'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have an XI scenario in which a Report use a synchronous RFC call to run a query on a DB table and return the resultset to the calling Report.

Sync RFC call -> PI 7.0 -> JDBC Query (Select u2026 with ResultSet) -> PI 7.0 -> RFC Adapter

Weu2019ve some troubles on the data returning from the resultset of the query, thatu2019s rightly filled, and the RFC-response structure because there are some '#' characters as values of the response fields.

Weu2019ve loaded into the Message Mapping the instance of the resultset (rightly filled) and the test has run successfully, so perhaps the issue itu2019s regarding the RFC Adapter side.

Now the mapping mapping is set up with constant values but not all the RFC-response fields are filled, infact there are some u2018#u2019 characters that break the values in more lines.

Weu2019ve already run the full cache refresh on XI on the ABAP and Java side, also weu2019ve restarted the XI instances without results.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

GB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its due to the special characters that are popping in the result of query which does not seem to be valid for RFC response,

1) try to make the RFC Destination Communication Setting as "Unicode"

2) Check the data type of RFC Response structure could be the fields for which the data is mapped are of date/numeric, in that case RFC data type has to be changed.

(you would have to reimport the RFC into PI i guess)

3) If you feel you would not require these special character, you can filter the same in mapping.

4) After all these if you are still struck and data types are rightly defined and rfc destination is rightly maintained for Unicode, then it i feel the problem resides in the RFC Adapter to convert the xml message into ABAP RFC Format using its metadata, in that case i recomend to change the scenario to Proxy from RFC where by the messages are routed by ABAP stack not by Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

into the right instance.xml corresponding to the resultset there aren't special characters.

In addition all the fields of the resultset/response are string typed.

Also the Proxy isn't available in our SAP version (SAP 4.6 C).

I check for Unicode flag into the RFC destination.

Thanks,

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per your statement i infer that, the source(the result set of jdbc query) does not have any Special Charaters.

Thus what is the exact value in the corresponding source fileds is it some value which are alphanumeric or doe it have any #, if it is # try to truncate them in mapping.

Can you give details of data types for both source and target fields (do not look in XI, try to refer the RFC in R3 and JDBC Table, xi can have a different types as xi does not do any schema vaidations)