SAP for Media Discussions
Spark conversations about content creation, audience engagement, and monetization strategies using SAP in the media industry. Join in the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New GL functionality in IS Media

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I heard that new General Ledger functionality cannot be used in IS Media solution because we use FI-CA (Contract accounting) instead of FI-AR ( Regular Accounts Receivables).

Has any one implemented new GL (ECC 5.0/ ECC 6.0) in IS-Media?

Could anyone provide more information?

Thanks for your help

Kalyan

• SAP Managed Tags:
2 REPLIES 2

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

ERP2004 is called ECC5.0, ERP2005 is ECC6.0, and ERP2007 is ECC7.0.

Regarding the parallel ledger functionality, this will be available in ERP2007. There are also plans to incorporate the same functionalityinto Enhancement Package 2 for ERP2005.

I hope that the information are helpful.

regards

Claudia

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've implemented new GL in FICA in a Leasing project in ECC6 release. In fact there are two posting areas that can be used to determine segments, but only segments are available to be posted in FICA, no other object like profit or cost center are available for new GL functionality in FICA. In fact we used segments but when transferring the reconciliation keys from FICA to GL, in a user exit we converted the segments in profit centers. You have new posting areas 0300 and 0301, and you can extend the segment derivation using event 0081. During the transfer of reconciliation keys you can convert the segment to other critieria using event 0945.

IF you need the full description of the solution proposal let me know.

Cheers,

Adriano.

• SAP Managed Tags: