cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Why we need to create webservices in the sender soap adapter?

Take Care,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Why we need to create webservices in the sender soap adapter?

Because the application which will send data via SOAP needs the webservice ,along with the correct URL to post data.In webservice you have all the structure and format in which data needs to be send

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Aug 27, 2008 11:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I am little bit confused,

For Eg:

When we send a Webservice from a Third party Webserver to PI system through sender SOAP Adapter .

1. My assumption is : This sender soap adpater will convert the webservice from thirp party webserver into Xml format.

2. When we create Webservice in Integration Directory We are iving XI Sopa adapetr URL in Intgeration Server of PI .. am i correct.

I am not clear the above mentioned points.

Kindly clear me. If possible with some linlks or examples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>When we send a Webservice from a Third party Webserver to PI system

We don't send the whole webservice all the time.The sender system will use this webservice in his system,design the message format as defined in the webservice you gave to them and then send the message to the URL mentioned in webservice.

>>This sender soap adpater will convert the webservice from thirp party webserver into Xml format.

Yeah,the sender SOAP adapter will convert the SOAP request in XML format.

>>When we create Webservice in Integration Directory We are iving XI Sopa adapetr URL in Intgeration Server of PI .. am i correct.

There are two options while giving the URL in webservice.

If you want the sender system to send the messages to the adapter engine(sender SOAP adapter) and this will send the message to integration engine,you can give the URL which contains sender adapter names,business service etc.This method is mainly used if you need to implement some security mechanism.

The second option is to post the SOAP messages directly to the Integration engine.the performance is better in this case(since you are bypassing the adapter engine).The URL will have names of message interface,namespace etc.One drawback of this method is that since you are giving the URL of your integration server itself,you are basically exposing it to external partner(which is not the safest method).

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik Kumar ,

Check this blog which wil help u in detail:

An Overview of SOAP

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Sender soap adapter.

When we have to expose our interface as webservice we generate a webservice definition of interface and provide it to the third party, and we maintain a sender soap adapter for this. Here XI is acting as webserver.

Soap adapter is the gateway for XI to understand the Webservice requests and also to convert the response of XI as response of Webserver.

Receiver SOAP Adapter

When XI has to talk to external webserver we would configure a Receiver Soap Adapter for this and this would translate our request in to web request for getting a response from Web server.

Thanks