Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed Windows Environment x32 / x64 allowed

oliver_kremer
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Do anyone know that these mixed environment is supported from SAP ?

Central instance: Windows 2003 Ent. x32 / Oracle 9.2.0.7 / SAP 4.6c SR2

1st Dialoginstance: Windows 2003 Ent. x32

2nd Dialoginstance: Windows 2003 Ent. x32

3th Dialoginstance: Windows 2003 Ent. x64

I'am plan a roll upgrade of the Windows 2003 system from x32 to x64 and I'am unsure if supported from SAP. Some OSS hints tell that it is, but most of them are only for database and not for application nodes.

Every hint will be welcome.

Regards,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oliver_kremer
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks,

814834 was helpful but I've seen before and it's for me not clear enought to have the "allowed" way from SAP. When I interpret correctly then I can use a x64 bit operating system, a oracle x32 9.2.0 client and a SAP 4.6c SR2 kernel, right ? Do you also know a hint where SAP give the mixed environment as a possible configuration ?

Regards,

Oliver

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 814834 was helpful but I've seen before and it's for me not clear enought to have the "allowed" way from SAP. When I interpret correctly then I can use a x64 bit operating system, a oracle x32 9.2.0 client and a SAP 4.6c SR2 kernel, right ? Do you also know a hint where SAP give the mixed environment as a possible configuration ?

Yes - you can run the 32bit kernel on a 64bit Windows:

<...>

• For product versions based on kernel 4.6D, only 32-bit operation on Windows 2003 SP1 64-bit is supported. Information concerning the support of MS Cluster Server is available in Note 955785.

• Operating SAP components on Windows 32-bit on x86_64 hardware is fully supported.

• Note that there is currently no 64-bit support for the x86_64 platform for Oracle 9.2 because Oracle does not provide a 64-bit DB client for this purpose, and, in addition, 64-bit operation of the DB server is not supported. This means that this DB version can only be used in conjunction with SAP components on Windows 32-bit on x86_64 hardware in 32-bit mode.

<...>

The "supported mixture" is limited by the availability of database clients and kernels. For your combination this is working and supported.

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

oliver_kremer
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

I will try it.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition also check Note 814834 - Windows 2003 SP1 x86_64 Support for SAP releases

regards,

kaushal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 3th Dialoginstance: Windows 2003 Ent. x64

There is no Oracle 9.2 client for x64 - so you will need to upgrade your database to 10g first.

Markus