Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in process quality inspection in operation of a process order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PP-PI inprocess quality inspection at operation level

I am creating a process order having two operation. the first is quality inspection (inprocess inspection) & last is related to consumption of some materials.

The control key in operations are pi02,pi03(miles stone confirmation). i am using insp type 03 in material master

user needs insp. happen first then consumption of material.

my question is

1.when operation first get triggered quality lot generated i enter RR & do UD.but here i can not see the insp lot stock as subscreen. why? then how can i block defect qty in block stock?

2.how can i consume material in the same quality operation?

With Regards,

Kareena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I AM CLOSING THIS ISSUE I GOT REALLY USEFUL INFO.

VERY MUCH THANKS TO SHYAMAL

WITH REGARDS,

KAREENA

Edited by: kareena sing on Sep 13, 2008 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kareena,

There is no way in STD SAP that you can perform any stock relevant activity with the ins process inspection lot 03, hence the the type is stock ir-relevant. The logic behind this is it is in process inspection where there is no stock of the Product that you are manufacturing and is under process (In process Inspection), the stock for the product will avail to you when you will do the GR of the product the FG store. Correct?

Noe there are two ways to in-corporate you requirement is,

After you valuate the MIC for the Operation in the 03 inspection lot you would be getting a screen to confirm the yield, here you can confirm the yield with reduced quantity. So the production person will get that much less yield in their further phase/operations.

To put more restriction over it you need to implement the FS-SS relationships.

That is to be written in any of the below enhancements:-

For order confirmation:

o CONF0001 to hide function codes

o CONFPI01 to determine your own default values for a confirmation

o CONFPI02 to carry out your own inspections (before carrying out SAP

inspections)

o CONFPI03 to carry out your own inspections (after choosing the phase to be confirmed)

o CONFPI04 to carry out your own inspections (after carrying out SAP inspections)

o CONFPI05 to update your own data after saving the confirmation

o CONFPI06 to transfer customer-specific data to automatically generated confirmations

OR

The another way is brilliantly suggested by Dhaval is to use to call the function, if I am not forgetting it should be called at the exit "EXIT_SAPLQEEM_011"

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

shyamal,

sorry for late reply i was on leave

what u are saying "After you valuate the MIC for the Operation in the 03 inspection lot you would be getting a screen to confirm the yield, here you can confirm the yield with reduced quantity. So the production person will get that much less yield in their further phase/operations. " is right the same i needed. but i am not getting the screen to confirm the yield for quality.

My production operation consist of first operation is quality lot generation & results recording with backflush of few quantities such as a1,b1

second operation is for production which includes backflush of few materials such as a2,b2. when i create a order of 100 nos those are subjected for quality checks & if say 10 are defectice then 90 has to be eligible for operation next. but i am not seen any quality confirmation screen that is the issue.

i do RR & UD from qa32 transaction.

Regards,

Kareena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mam,

Welcome back after leave!!!!

Ok now get back to business.......

The STD exit is LQAPPTOP where the setting are maintained.

The function module to call will be "CO_RU_CONFIRMATION"

I am not 100% sure this time about how all this need to call up on, but yes you must refer the OSS note

82959 - QM: Activity confirmation for process order from QE*

and

Note 88740 - QE11 for process orders

That will surely help you.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shamal,

I think for process order, quality activity confirmation we are talking & for this i have not maintained inspection point or inspection point identification. i am doing RR from qe11.

in my inspection plan for the material i have maintained 5 different characterstics in that row i can not see the sampling procedure,base unit of measure, base quantity all these field are gray in color

i have defined sampling procedure also. i have not maintained inspection point identification.

is it the reason when i do RR through qe11 I get info as inspection point identification not maintained so when i do RR by default i see value 1 for each characterstics, in column inspect & all are in display mode.& after entering the results i get value in inspected column as 1 for all chars.

can u guide me in this regards?

Regards,

Kareena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kareena,

I think the thread is going in other direction. You were asking for some solution to mentioned the consumption.............

That can be taken care..........

For 03 - "In process inspection" lot as yield confirmation by activating the STD function of SAP as I have mentioned in my last post.

For 04 - "Inspection against GR form Production" lot, by stock posting.

For any lot you can do customization in "EXIT_SAPLQEEM_011", to post the material consumption at each MIC/Operation valuation.

But now the entire scenario what you are asking is bit confusing.

You wrote

I think for process order, 
quality activity confirmation we are talking
& for this i have not maintained inspection
point or inspection point identification.
i am doing RR from qe11.

It seems you we are talking about 03 type inspection lot. that you can relate with the option I have mentioned in the beginning of this reply.

in my inspection plan for the material
i have maintained 5 different characterstics
in that row i can not see the sampling
procedure,base unit of measure, 
base quantity all these field are gray in color
i have defined sampling procedure also
i have not maintained inspection point identification.

Where you have mentioned these 5MICs?

If it is inspection plan, then it will go with 04 Type.

If it is Master Recipe/Routing, then it will go with 03 Type.

Now the other point you wrote the MIC Line item have the fields GREY for Sampling Procedure,&...........&.......So to activate them,

Select the line item for MIC, click on the Control Indicator (Sampling Procedure) and then you will be able to assign the Sampling Procedure to MIC.

The fields "Inspect" & "Inspected" are related with the "Insp. Scope" with the MIC. The scope is define at the Control indicators for the MICs (On Page2 for the Indicators). There are four Radio Buttons to define the Inspection Scope.

Scope not Fixed

If you set this indicator, the number of inspected units is defined by the user for results recording.

This number does not have to agree with the precalculated number of inspected units.

E.g. If the the sample size for that particular MIC is not fixed ever and you will supposed to enter it at the time of RR you should define this indicator and the field will open for entry in QE11.

Fixed Scope

If you set this indicator, the number of inspected units must correspond

to the precalculated number of units to be inspected for results

recording.

The system can perform a valuation for the inspection characteristic based on the number of nonconforming units or the number of defects in the sample.

And the field will be GREY, non - modifiable.

Similarly the larger and smaller scopes work.

Best Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

u are right i am talking about 03 in process inspection.i have maintained 5 no of mics in inspection characterstics of a phase of an operation in the recepe.

I got the answer what u explained related to control characterstics. now the sampling procedure base unit of measure & base qty are reflected.

regarding inspect & inspected that is related to insp scope now i made, "Scope not Fixed" due to this i can get open field in inspected colum but for inspect colm it is still GREY field with fix value of 1. this i have not understood why?

your info was quite valuable

also can we attach a triger point to the operation such that after completion of that operation system will call other transaction such as migo? how to set that trigger any idea?

with regards,

Kareena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kareena,

If the Control indicator for that particular MIC is set on the Scope Not Fixed then it should allow to change the Column Inspect. I will also do some work around and let you know what would be the reason it is not allowing.

Now I have mentioned in both my replies to this thread dear that you need to use the Exit "EXIT_SAPLQEEM_011" to call the trx such MIGO of MB1B etc. Modify the exit code and make the trx MIGO or MB1b or MB31 called as soon as the MIC/Operation is valuated.

Regards,

Shyamal

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Kareena,

1) You can not to do stock posting for 03 Type inspection because as name suggest it is a In process inspection.Stock is confirmed only after the GR is done for this order and for this you can use 04 type inspection.

2) By which transaction you are doing confirmation of that Quality Phase / Operation.Is it QE51N or COR6N.

If it is COR6N then you can do GI thorugh Goods Movement screen - But for that Component are Marked for Backflus indicator.

If it is QE51N then do GI through COIK,MIGO or MB1A.

There is one Function module is also there , I am not sure but probably it is 'POPUP_TO_CONFIRM'. By using this function module you can call one of above Transaction code for doing goods issue with reference to that inspection lot.For rest of this setting you have to ask your abaper.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

insp 03 is not relevant to stock posting only 04 is relevant for stock posting..Hence you cannot see any stock posting tab page in UD.

As per your problem description "last is related to consumption of some materials", hence you can issue the material when you confirm last operation.

I hope i understood clearly