cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Numeric Characteristic Value with Leading Zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we are in the process of data transfer from one APO System to another APO System, say from System A to System B.

The length of Characteristics is different in both the systems i.e. in System A the length is 30 Chars & in System B its 10 Chars.

In both the systems, we are using "ALPHA" routine in the InfoObject definition.

The Characteristic values are numeric (1234) or alpha-numeric (ABC456).

We are facing following problem.

When we transfer numeric data i.e. 1234 from System A to System B, the system is transferring as 0000000000 i.e. entire characteristic length value is with 10 zeros.

When checked in detail, in system A, the system stores data as "000000000000000000000000001234" i.e. with 26 leading zeros & then the characteristic value.

For alpha numeric value - there is no problem, as system is transferring ABC456 to ABC456 without adding any zeros.

Is there any standard function to suppress the leading zeros for numeric value when we transfer data?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the data type of info-object...You can try Conversion Routine ATINN if data type is CHAR..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right, but we already have a implemented system, hence its too risky to change the routines.

We know that Leading zero for product can be managed through the standard SAP settings.

The leading zero problem is applicable to all the Characteristics, not only for "Product".

Thanks

Edited by: Mangesh Rane on Aug 28, 2008 8:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check note explaning options:Note 382399 - Leading zeros in numeric products.

Manish

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may follow the path provided by Manish, but be care that changing these settings may lead to inconsistencies. These settings are very sensitive.

Regards,

Luiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your setting in Spro for: Specify Output Format of Product Number.

Spro>APO..>master data-> Product--> Specify Output Format of Product Number.

Manish